Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

NEED HELP BANSHEE VS YFZ 450

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 06:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP BANSHEE VS YFZ 450

Originally posted by: RDZ350
Banshees being unreliable is not true.If you install pipes,you will have to rejet it.this may take a few tries but once it's jetted you should be done with the carbs.Now if you ride it in temps around 85 degrees then later on ride it in 30 degree weather,sure it will probably need to be rejetted.Unless the weather change is extreme,then it will be fine.If I was you,buy the T-5's.If you have the cylinders ported,T-5's,advance the timing(timing plate),increase compression,and even use the stock carbs,that banshee will really wake up.The 4-strokes better have alot done to them in order to keep up.LOL!
Now lets dont get carried away with all the 4-strokes better have alot done to them crap i dont have very much done to mine and i beat a 535 stroker shee on NOSS, my brother has it all on tape and if i knew how to put it up on here i would in an instant. All has to do with the rider and weight those are the key factors

Old 01-29-2006, 06:44 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: YFZracer12

Now lets dont get carried away
LOL, yes lets not!!!!!
You say you can out run 10 mill strokers? Nah...................

Old 01-29-2006, 06:46 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: enFORCER
Originally posted by: YFZracer12

Now lets dont get carried away
LOL, yes lets not!!!!!
You say you can out run 10 mill strokers? Nah...................
lol no but i have beat a few 4mill but everytime we race it was who ever left first wins

Old 01-29-2006, 06:49 PM
Pro Rider

I do agree, who ever gets the holeshot has a big advantage......

Old 01-29-2006, 06:56 PM
Range Rover

OK, lets get back to the topic of what fatboy1107 wants: I've owned both, and would swear by the current high performance 4 strokes anyday. They run cleaner, they always start, not quite so finicky about jetting vs altitude, and hands down the YFZ can be ridden faster and safer than a banshee. Not to say there aren't good shee riders out there, but you see very few shee's out there racing.

Shee's: no substitute to the power hit that a well tuned shee has, comfortable seat

YFZ's: good usable power band, handles like its on rails, ELECTRIC START!

Dude by a YFZ

Old 01-29-2006, 07:19 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: yfzfryguy
but you see very few shee's out there racing.
Huh? You must not know about drag racing.......

Old 01-30-2006, 12:37 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: enFORCER
Originally posted by: yfzfryguy
but you see very few shee's out there racing.
Huh? You must not know about drag racing.......
He thinks all that sand being thrown at him is a sand storm.No,that's banshees throwing the sand at ya.LOL!
My opinion of the two:I've ridden several YFZ's.With just adding a pipe,filter,and rejetting,they run really well.To me they are the more"rideable" of the two to me.I like them.I've heard the ron wood kit really wakes them up,but that is just what I heard.I saw some at The Clash Of The Titans(Louisiana).They were on drag frames and they were really fast.I know your's will probably not have a drag frame,but even a YFZ with minor mods should have plenty of power for ya.
Most guys with banshees are really into drag racing,but guys also use them for motorcross,duning,etc...I've even rode my alcohol banshee on some trails.Now I can't go a long ways due to how thirsty it is,but it was still rideable.Just really likes fuel.To me a mild porting actually made my banshee more rideable.

If you want a more rideable quad with plenty of power and they are good for drag races too:go with the YFZ.

If you like the rush of a quad with a powerband,drag racing,and doing some mild tuning:go with the banshee.
Also,the sky's the limit when you want to modify one.There are banshees with still a 350 making close to 100 hp.It does take some mods[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]orting,alcohol,etc...Before the 4-stroke guys freak out,the technology for these YFZ's is really coming along.They are impressive.

Old 01-30-2006, 04:51 PM
Pro Rider

I had a banshee, now I have the yfz. My experience with the banshee was good, and I loved it. People think the banshee is unreliable, because if its not tuned right, or near perfect, it IS. If you know what your doing, you shouldnt have a problem. If you do much slow speed stuff, the things get hot and tend to overheat easily. However, you can do things to avoid that too.
As far as the banshee being more/less reliable then a yfz, I am going to have to go with the 4-stroke almost every single time. As far as performing the maintenance on the two, the banshee is FAR easier, as is every two stroke. $ strokes have a lot going on! Seems like I was always ahving to fix something on the shee though, and I havnt had ONE problem with my yfz.

If you want the better performer of the two, the yfz hands down does the complete package WAY better then a shee. THOUGH, if you want a straight line screamer, that does OK in everything else, then the shee is the way to go. You can get more horsepower out of a shee, but you have to have a good portion more than a yfz to compinsate for the HORRIBLE wheel spin and the extra LBS.

In my experience, in the dirt anyway where I ride, a yfz will have a banshee in drag, until you start modding the two of them in the engine compartment. Then its all over for the yfz. The shee comes alive! But until motor mods, the yfz usually fairs better in a drag. A LOT less wheel spin, a LOT less weight, and more-equal power output, except that the yfz's power is broad across the board and the shee has it all in one hit!

If money is an issue, It is my opinion that the shee is the most affordable performance quad there is, that will still kick the butt of brand new things in the drags, and still does pretty well in handling.

Good luck man!

Old 01-30-2006, 05:24 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by: Speedy2222
Originally posted by: midnite
Originally posted by: Speedy2222
if you get 1000 hours out of a shee that is realiable..

2strokes require alot of work... alot of pistons, alot of rings, alot of $
Well, my bikes need pistons and rings every 2 years. I do it sooner than needed, so I don't have to bore the cylinders, just hone. Also, it only takes 3 hrs to rebuild a topend. More like matinence than a rebuild, Weisco pro lite pistons, rings, and gasket kit is $175. Hardly expensive every 2 years.
3 hours is 2 hours to long
Dude you need to get a little more educated on 2-strokes. They are cheap and easy to fix, try comparing the costs to a "modern day" thumper.

Old 01-30-2006, 07:59 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 135boom
extra LBS.
I've had my Banshee on a diet. Shee weighs about 25lbs less than a stock yfz450.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: NEED HELP BANSHEE VS YFZ 450