Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Fastest Bone Stock Quad?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006 | 05:19 PM
Pro Rider
Default Fastest Bone Stock Quad?

Originally posted by: 4FITTY
I have owned a yfz 450 05 and bone stock it put out 36.2 with dyno tires On the same dyno 1 1/2 years later I now have a 06 trx 450 and it put out 39.9 bone stock with dyno tires I would say that the 06 yfz 450 should be a little bit better than the 05 say 1.5 hp That would put it at 37.7 Now you have to factor in weight and power delivery,even with the lower hp the yfz could be quicker, because of how fast the motor is willing to rev Dont always beleave HP #s they lie Take a 800 hp nascar motor and a 800 hp drag motor and put them in the same chassis and drag race them The drag motor will when every time Put them on a track and the nascar motor will when Its all about power delivery

Hey man, I am not going to agrue with the numbers that you got or anything, but the yfz numbers are a little low form my experience. You look at pretty much any dyno of the two, that took place on the same day, with the same conditions, and the yfz most always has a 1.5-2.5 horse advantage over the trx. That is what I have seen personally, and read just about everywhere!
Regardless, like you stated, the power delivery can make up for any lack in power, unfortunately, from what I have seen the lack of power is on the trx side, not the yfz.......atleast in 04-05.
06, like I said, I cant speak of. Looks like they definately made a power increase, but while doing so, pigged it up and it now has a 14 lb disadvantage to the yfz. I believe that two are within 1 horse of each other, maybe not even that much. Otherwise honda jumped the stock horse up by about 4, which I find hard to believe. The higher comp isnt really going to show much in stock trim. What is, is the better exhaust they are using now in 06, and the bigger air box and jetting.
Looking forward to seeing personally, or reading an accurate dyno of the two 06's stock! Anyone know where one is??

Old 02-08-2006 | 05:22 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: 135boom
I have owned a yfz 450 05 and bone stock it put out 36.2 with dyno tires On the same dyno 1 1/2 years later I now have a 06 trx 450 and it put out 39.9 bone stock with dyno tires I would say that the 06 yfz 450 should be a little bit better than the 05 say 1.5 hp That would put it at 37.7 Now you have to factor in weight and power delivery,even with the lower hp the yfz could be quicker, because of how fast the motor is willing to rev Dont always beleave HP #s they lie Take a 800 hp nascar motor and a 800 hp drag motor and put them in the same chassis and drag race them The drag motor will when every time Put them on a track and the nascar motor will when Its all about power delivery

.............You are right though that the power delivery and the power to weight ratio can really change the physical results!

Old 02-08-2006 | 08:59 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 135boom

Hey man, I am not going to agrue with the numbers that you got or anything, but the yfz numbers are a little low form my experience. You look at pretty much any dyno of the two, that took place on the same day, with the same conditions, and the yfz most always has a 1.5-2.5 horse advantage over the trx. That is what I have seen personally, and read just about everywhere!
Regardless, like you stated, the power delivery can make up for any lack in power, unfortunately, from what I have seen the lack of power is on the trx side, not the yfz.......atleast in 04-05.
06, like I said, I cant speak of. Looks like they definately made a power increase, but while doing so, pigged it up and it now has a 14 lb disadvantage to the yfz. I believe that two are within 1 horse of each other, maybe not even that much. Otherwise honda jumped the stock horse up by about 4, which I find hard to believe. The higher comp isnt really going to show much in stock trim. What is, is the better exhaust they are using now in 06, and the bigger air box and jetting.
Looking forward to seeing personally, or reading an accurate dyno of the two 06's stock! Anyone know where one is??
I just wanted to post what my yfz had I shure that most of the other yfz's had more than mine it was a little bit slower than my buddies

Old 02-08-2006 | 09:18 PM
Pro Rider

I guess that pred guy was joking or to imbarresed to post on this thread again.

Old 02-08-2006 | 10:00 PM
Pro Rider

What's the fastest stock quad? ... Mine! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Seriously, I raced a Grand Prix event just recently that started on a motocross track and finished with a desert course. The starting pad was concrete with individual rear falling gates, just like most motocross tracks in the country. There were 20+ ATVs on the line, with not one of them being stock. I even had a KFX 440 big bore on each side of me. I know they were 440s because the two riders were talking to each other before the race, and asking what mods were done to each machine (while I listened intently, LOL). There were also a few 2006, and several 2005 450Rs, a Rappy 700, a Predator, an Outlaw, and a slew of YFZs. The start straight was 200 feet long, and my little old stock engine YFZ was numero uno heading into the first turn. So there, question settled. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Have a good one,

DV

Old 02-09-2006 | 05:29 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DesertViper
What's the fastest stock quad? ... Mine! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Seriously, I raced a Grand Prix event just recently that started on a motocross track and finished with a desert course. The starting pad was concrete with individual rear falling gates, just like most motocross tracks in the country. There were 20+ ATVs on the line, with not one of them being stock. I even had a KFX 440 big bore on each side of me. I know they were 440s because the two riders were talking to each other before the race, and asking what mods were done to each machine (while I listened intently, LOL). There were also a few 2006, and several 2005 450Rs, a Rappy 700, a Predator, an Outlaw, and a slew of YFZs. The start straight was 200 feet long, and my little old stock engine YFZ was numero uno heading into the first turn. So there, question settled. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Have a good one,

DV
LOL! Well there ya go. Question answered. Next thread. Lol.

Old 02-09-2006 | 06:12 PM
Pro Rider

ha ha, thats cool, nothin like putting the whoop down on a stock quad!
People are going to argue though that in the sand the quadzilla was the fastest thing stock, ever, and me even being a fellow yfz owner have to agree with that!
Its kind a funny what the sand does with quads. Things that dont give much trouble in the dirt, sounds like they will in the sand. Like the 700 for instance. the yfz has the upper hand in the dirt, but in the sand they are supposively a lot closer. Same goes for the banshee, and am assuming the quadzilla!

Old 02-09-2006 | 06:13 PM
Pro Rider

..............I dont ride sand, I know I should, but am still just too addicted to the dirt......probably because that is where my quad shines!

Old 02-10-2006 | 01:14 AM
Pro Rider

Ive never rode the dunes. Looks like a hell of a lot of fun thoe. Ripping the sand up while going up a dune then when you get to the top you launch and get some air. We have alot of sand in jersey but no 300ft dunes. Theres 800 ft dunes in colorado but it's illegal to ride on them. Kinda sucks, what a waste of sand.

Old 02-10-2006 | 04:32 PM
Pro Rider

we should BOTH try it sometime. I think were missing out!

Quick Reply: Fastest Bone Stock Quad?