Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Is the Pro Flow design patented?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2000, 06:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a K&N for my shee, and I thought that it would be a proflow like design (with a fixed collar on the airbox, and you slip the air filter on it, and thigthen the collar). NO! they had a little picture showing how it had to be done. At the end, it would be fixed exactly like the stock one...
"who do they think I am??" was my first thought. I thought then about proflow and guessed that it was patented and K&N didn't have the right to do like them. K&N doesn't have the right...I take it. I fixed the remaining part of the original filter to the airbox and now, I have a proflow K&N air filter for 57$can...YES!!!

Is the proflow design really patented or is it another crappy legal stuff??

Old 11-11-2000, 10:43 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I talked to the pro-design owner back in the summer. Not about the pro-flow, but about their in line super cooler. See, I bought a super cooler for my shee from Golden West Cycle. When I got it I didnt get any instructions or hose clamps. So I called pro-design to see what was up. He said that he did not make that super cooler. He said it was false advertising. The add (as you may have seen) reads---> Pro-Design Super Coolers $16.00. He said he was in middle of a lawsuit with GWC over the hole thing. He also said he couldnt help me with instructions cause he didnt want the liability of blowing up my motor with their part. So I got rid of GWC's bootleg part and ordered a pro-design cooler. I am sure he either has a pattent on his products or is working on one. It is a really crappy thing to steal a mans product, make it,sale it and not give any royalties to the original manuf. I will never deal with Golden West Cycle again. LATER