Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Guess who's the new bad boy on the block now!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2000, 11:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now THAT is where you are wrong!!! My parents paid for 3 dirtbikes before this but said if I wanted it, I had to pay for it myself. No help from mom, just signed the papers because I'm not 18. I want to make that clear, I'm Paying for this MYSELF. Quit critisizing me!!!

Old 11-11-2000, 11:47 PM
Trailblazer

Why the hell do all you damn adults criticize us young people for having a good sport quad????? I am sick and tired of adults treating us young people like trash! My parents didn't give me one damn penny on my Raptor they said if I wanted it I HAD to pay for it on my OWN(which I had no problem with)! All they did was sign the papers. I worked my a$$ off to earn enough money to pay for my Raptor for your information!

Old 11-12-2000, 12:00 AM
Pro Rider

Hey younger guys, don't fret that there are some older guys on here with marginal jobs that can't understand. Some of them just don't understand that all kids don't sit around watching (truly amazed at how real it is) WWF Smackdown while munching on moon pies.

I'm 27 now, but had my first brand new car (Camaro) at the age of 15. I paid for the car and insurance by myself. I started my own lawn care company and did well for a young person. It's rare that I see kids getting out and busting butt in order to pay for their own goodies, but it's refreshing. Be proud of yourself and hard work and just ignore the whiners, they are just jealous, too lazy to work or a combination of them both.

Old 11-12-2000, 03:20 PM
Trailblazer

Great post Bash. It is sad to see the older guys out here bashing on us younger kids. Don't they realize that we are the ones continuing the love for this sport? If we weren't getting quads, what would be left? Would you rather have us out doing all kinds of drugs and on the street? Or in the trails being the happiest kids alive? Think about all of this. I know all of you were kids once and most likely wanted a quad. If some of you couldn't get a quad when you were under 18, I am truly sorry for you, but don't take it out on us. And, I love how the older people tend to blame us for all the trails getting shut down. Last time I checked it was all the "ADULTS" drinking beers and littering. I go to a trail to ride, not to drink.
Anyway, AustinL911, glad to hear about your new Raptor. Now go tear up the trails. That's where I am going.

Old 11-12-2000, 05:55 PM
Pro Rider

Austin im happy for you on whichever way you got it Dont matter to me but at least you got a machine that you will never out grow.I started off on a blaster and now about 5 or 6 quads later I finally have a machine that I love and probably Never get rid of.Had my Raptor for about 2 months now and not 1 problem at all except the stock tires which blow anyways.Have fun and be CAREFULL on this machine,The power WILL suprise you when you least expext it,like going up a steep hill.

Old 11-12-2000, 07:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

AustinL911 I don't care how you got your Raptor. As long as you made the smart decision to buy a Yamaha all is great. By the way I am 30 and I think it's great you got a Raptor, so it's not all old guy's ragin on you. Enjoy, and represent!

Old 11-13-2000, 12:52 AM
Range Rover

I am happy for you austin i wish i had a raptor but i am stuck with a blaster(but hey nuthin wrong with that). I am 14 and for all you older guys that are ragging on us because we have a faster 4wheeler than you or that we actually work and break stereotypes of young lazy teenagers that set them give it a rest cause when you are to old to ride and are remebering the days when you could ride you will hear a noise in the background it will bring back some memories then you will look out your window and see something coming down the rode and then all of the sudden it will blow buy your old a$$ in a walker and guess who it will be.....us LITTLE KIDS who are all grown up and haveing the time of our lifes no offense to your cool guys out there you can ride with me any time i will take you out of your wheel chair and put you on an automatic but not a polaris so your old legs wont have to shift and risk being borken just a little humor.:-)

Old 11-13-2000, 03:00 AM
Weekend Warrior

whoa.....can't we all jus get a bong? pro wrastl'ins got noth'n
on this forum. i can feeeeeeeel the love.......group hug----------
thazz right...NOW JUMP ON YA QUAD AN TRY TA LOVE SOMEONE

Old 11-13-2000, 09:16 AM
Pro Rider

Yo bartolo, I know nothing about the stock market my luck I put $7000 in and in 15years I'de have no more than I invested. If you can take $7000and turn it into $65000 an estimated 15% in 15years let me know and I'll try it I need to start my 401k at work and I dont even know where to put my money so if you are knowledgable on stocks and the stock market let me know a fellow ATV enthusiest could use the help! I just spent $13000 on a raptor and a kx250 and I do need to start investing so any info you can provide would be great1

Old 11-13-2000, 09:44 AM
Range Rover

I'm 15 and I ride a 01 Raptor, 00 warrior, and a 00 wolverine. I don;t see the big deal if someone is rich or not. Isn;t this a good thing?? haha Actually I do work everyday of the week but there is no way I would be able to make 15,000 by printing shirts. haha. You just need a little help paying for it!

Quick Reply: Guess who's the new bad boy on the block now!!!