Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

raptor jetting/or other prob. please help me im going insane!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 09:54 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default raptor jetting/or other prob. please help me im going insane!!!

ps anyone close to me in greenville sc who knows more about this than me ------HELP![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 02-25-2006, 11:19 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: jays03rap
well I did and they went all the way up but gas was spraying out the back of the carb which sounds like a valve prob. but this could be normal in a single cylinder engine, who knows. If I cant figure it out soon IM calling doctor house!
Sounds like an intake valve is staying open. Check the clearance on them.

Old 09-27-2006, 03:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

okay i don't know much about carbs but i have had a few problems with the reverse limiter, so if you want to take the limiter out of the equation then you need to pull the black connector off and ground it to the frame with a jumper, when it is ungrounded, the cdi thinks you are in reverse. I also had a problem with the parking brake, if you can figure out the right switch for the parking brake lever, then you just unplug it under the radiator cover and that takes that out of the equation. If none of that fixes it i would try going back to as close to stock as possible (jets, airbox lid and pipe) to see if that fixes your problem and if it does you need to get some more info to jet the bike properly.

Old 09-27-2006, 07:25 PM
Pro Rider

If you ran good for 2 hours then your problem sounds like the reverse switch or another issue. Do as was suggested earlier and ground the wire that goes to the switch to the frame. If that does not fix it another thing that has bit many raptors is the positive battery cable was just a little loose or needed cleaning. Check the negative side also and the relay connections. There are a lot of instances where the problem you describe was just a loose positive battery cable. Another thing on the raptor if your idle or rpm is over around 2000rpm while in neutral for over 1 minute the reverse light will blink. I have also put a dyna cdi on and had the same problem and the cause was a bad reverse switch. It did work better with the stock cdi but not as bad as the after market cdi. The hotter spark on the dyna made it worse. Good luck and let us know what you find that fixes the problem.