Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Banshee vs. raptor 700 & yfz 450

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 11:04 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 91Warrior357
Yea that would be interesting i dont think you would need anything more then like a 421 cub or cheetah banshee to smoke one honestly. Then once you get into the worlds of 18+ DMs or even schmitars, caracals, cougars, triple cylinder or even 4 cylinder banshees engines **** starts to get unreal lol. A banshee triple alone can be 1300+ cc and around 300hp to the wheels. No nitrous or turbo, i really have a hard time seeing anything touching the banshees capability.
You are talking silliness. I have seen video's of quads modded to this extent with busa engines + turbo's ect. Its all nutz.

Honestly just my buddies modded Banshee was WAY more than I would ever want on a quad, and although I know his has engine work, plus several extra's, his is no turbo or nitrous quad. I am a speed freak. I have an 800+ HP Camaro, and I fly jets for a living. But quads with that much power... honestly unless you've got some sand paddles and can actually harness it at the dunes, I think its pretty pointless. But to each their own, and I am sure there are plenty on here that are always power hungry.

Old 04-08-2013, 01:59 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by CALL911
You are talking silliness. I have seen video's of quads modded to this extent with busa engines + turbo's ect. Its all nutz.

Honestly just my buddies modded Banshee was WAY more than I would ever want on a quad, and although I know his has engine work, plus several extra's, his is no turbo or nitrous quad. I am a speed freak. I have an 800+ HP Camaro, and I fly jets for a living. But quads with that much power... honestly unless you've got some sand paddles and can actually harness it at the dunes, I think its pretty pointless. But to each their own, and I am sure there are plenty on here that are always power hungry.
Yea at that point it's not even a banshee anymore lol

Old 04-09-2013, 02:46 AM
Pro Rider

Ive seen a few triple banshees before but nothing past that and yea its insane 300+ hp to the wheels and its still technically a banshee. Even though with anything doesnt matter what it is, there usually becomes a point where something gets so modded out that its really not even considered to be whatever it originally was. And usually 300ft dirt drags or sand drags are where u see these monsters and alot of the big boys run tires like 28 STU 16 paddle tires or something. Heres an example.... 1293cc 76x85mm cougar based banshee engine, 3x 48mm lectron carbs, 270+hp at the wheels naturally aspirated.

Name:  triple.jpg
Views: 4118
Size:  143.9 KB

Old 04-10-2013, 02:04 PM
Range Rover

Been away a while but I see people are still debating the ideas that these 4 bangers could ever have the power of a Banshee....

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the banshee is a track bike in any way so don't go there.

I can speak from experience of owning all of the mentioned bikes and in fact still own two of them.... Would be all three but I lost my Banshee to an Toyhauler fire... Was a sad day.

Anyway, I like riding the 4 bangers now though I guess cause they are definitely easier to ride than the Banshee, but I've never had a bike that could put a smile on my face like the powerband of the 91 Shee I had.

In the end... Its all up to what you plan on doing with the bike.

Old 05-04-2013, 08:34 AM
Trailblazer

I think that you should compare and sit on all of the bikes before you ride them. You might think one the bike is the best on paper, but the way it feels on rides makes all the difference. I believe the power delivery on the Banshee is more fun than the Raptor, but that's just an opinion. As far as highly modded banshee's go, if I rode one you would hear about a guy in Little Sahara 30 ft up the tallest tree in the area hanging for his goggle strap by a tree limb. I think if the power to weight ratio exceeds that of a R1 or GSXR 1000 you should seriously consider revising your life insurance policy...

Here's the way it works.

Banshee-King of the DUNES
Raptor- King of the TRAILS
YFZ- King of the TRACK

Now, they can all be modified to exceed in all of these areas though.

Speed costs MONEY, How fast do you want to go?