Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Grizzly=one sweet ATV!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 10:55 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grizzly=one sweet ATV!

I got my 06 grizz back in november and have only put 300kms on it, in that time I have fell in love! This thing is a blast, putting 26inch mudlites and c-series mada a huge difference in handeling. I also have a 04 prairie 700 this bike also rocks and has 2000 hard miles on it with no problems, I feel kind of guilty saying this because the kawi has been such a good dependable bike, but hands down I would rather ride the grizz, just hoping its as dependable as the kawi. I am thinking of putting some after market fender flares and bumpers on it and maybe some skidplates, I was looking at the yamaha accessories and they have a good selection of parts and the prices are ok, anybody out there use the yamaha accessories and how are they. How do you guys find the stock plastic skid plates.

Thanks Jason (one happy Grizzly owner, so far!)

Old 03-06-2006, 11:16 AM
Pro Rider

I have added some yammy accesories and they work fine. I got the Fairling windshield and some CV-boot covers to stop them from being torn. I also added aluminum a-arm guards. I left my underbelly stock plastic skid plate on as it has great protection and is light weight and doesn't generate noise. I think unless your doing mainly rock climbing with it the plastic skid plate is fine.

Old 03-06-2006, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider

I have yamaha A arm protectors, front bash plate and rear differential covers. I originally started buying geniune yamaha accessories because 1) I had trouble finding aftermarket brands 2) I wanted the parts to install w/o drilling etc. I like the perfect fit and bear logo on my a arm and front bash plate, and the shiny aluminum. I wish I knew that I would need a yamaha engine plate and yamaha bash plate if I replaced one. I bought a bash plate to replace the stock one. The stock is a one piece that covers the engine and stock.(gotta love a sawzall) Had I known that I would of taken the chance on ease of oil change and the plow compatability and bought an aftermarket full chasis skid plate for much cheaper then buying both yamaha bash and egnine plate. (This is the same for kodiak and bruin) Aside from this I am very happy w/ the appearance and durability of yamaha accessories. Nontheless I'll be buying the yamaha engine plate soon. Granted it may cost a few dollars more.