Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

734 kit/ raptor 700, how do you like it?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 06:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 734 kit/ raptor 700, how do you like it?

Originally posted by: FasterdeRapMakeMeHap
Dynoed with Slicks. Trinity ran the stock bike on the dyno prior to the mods. dont have it here in front of me, but Im thinking it was around 38- 40 horse. I didnt go with there highest comp. piston, because I didnt want to run race fuel on a regular basis, but if I had to do it over I would have gotten it. I beleive thats where you will get the extra 3 or 4 horse.
I spent around $2700.00 on parts to include the H.D. clutch. After getting the ported head shipped in from them bare with no valves and a fresh sand blast look, and the CYL. jug looking as bad, plus needing a torch to anneal the copper head gasket. My personal tought was, Life is fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuing short! Loaded it in my truck, drove to Trinity in Anaheim and shasam two weeks later out poped my little blue torque Monster! Labor cost was around $1100.00 but remeber it went in bone stock, and also some of that cost was the polishing of the outer head & CYL. castings.
Could'nt be happier with the Quality of Trinity's Parts and Service. They did a top notch install on everything.

Hey there. Sounds pretty awesome. My only question is, why did everything look half a$$ as far as the head and the cylinder and such. Are you saying it still required work after you got it back from them. It wasnt ready to install?
Just curious.
I am going with the lower comp 10.75.1 piston as well. I dont think you made a bad choice......what happens when your out in the woods or dunes and all the near by gas stations dont have race gas. Your screwed.....not to mention the fricken cost of the stuff!
Yeah, for max power, the higher comp piston is needed.....but to me its not cost effective, and in some cases can be a real pain in the butt!
I am going to go with what you have.....but with a two bros pipe, prodesign intake, trinity ecu, and web cam.
Anyway, thanks for the reply!

Old 03-29-2006, 12:44 PM
Trailblazer

135boom

When Trinity does the Cly. & Head work they sand blast the outsides of all castings, (no more factory paint on them) so I guess you have to chose whats best for you : Powder Coat, Polish, Paint, or leave as is. I'll have pictures of mine posted in a few days, check em out.

Old 03-29-2006, 01:42 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Glamis700
Howd it pull Olds? What size swing arm and paddles are you running?
Olds what a Kick! Ran there 3hrs der day, for a couple of days. I guess the clearest way to answer your question on howd it pulled woulde be: If I was wearing a helmet cam, I would have mounted it backwards on my helmet, because there was'nt much happening in front or along side of me. Other than a bad hole shot or two I smoke every 4 stroke I raced, and it was busy on spring break weekend. It got to the point where nobody wanted to play anymore. I went to the far right of the hill where the Banshee's were running and race a few stockers that were piped & Jetted and smoked them. None of the more Mod. Banshee guys wanted to run, I guess they figure little 700 not in my class, or shhhhhhhhht I've already ran this thing up the hill 15 times today better tow It back for a rebuild.
Swing arm is a stocker, and for sure not the happen ticket for Olds. When the seasons completely over I'll change it out, just wish I had a clue on length for my riding style and area.
Paddels 22x11-10 Sand Stars I had one day to purchase before Glamis, and everyone was lite on inventory due to the end of the season. Wanted 20 inchers, but did'nt have any time. I'll bolt em on the wife"s bike nent season.
Will have pictures soon, need to crop and get the size down. Check em out!

Old 11-15-2006, 03:38 PM
Trailblazer

Hey i was thinkin about gettin my rappy bored. was it a pain in the a$$ or was it relatively easy, how long did it take to send out and get back?