Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Banshee any good for trails?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 01:38 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banshee any good for trails?

Is a banshee any good for tight wooded areas with small jumps?

Old 03-19-2006, 06:20 PM
Pro Rider

It's ok but not a first choice by any means. No reverse, no electric start, and likes to be revved. They are really fun to just hammer on and hold on. Not what you'll be doing in tight trails.

Old 03-19-2006, 09:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not the best quad whenever 'tight' can be used to describe your riding area. There are plenty of great thumpers out there that will do a lot better on tight trails. Having said that, you CAN set up a Banshee to excel at just about anything. It is all in how much $$ you want to throw at it.

Old 03-19-2006, 10:05 PM
Pro Rider

Not that great. I really wanted one but i mostly trail ride so i got a raptor. I ride with a guy that has an 03 banshee and he complains a lot when we are in the trails but loves the wide open areas. Plus with no reverse you will be having a lot of trouble in the woods. Reverse was the determining factor for me

Old 03-20-2006, 12:33 AM
Trailblazer

I love my banshee alot more for trails than my old polaris. If I ever need to turn around, all i gotta do is just spin the back tires and whip it around, as for the for the kick start, its not too bad, they start really easy.

Old 03-20-2006, 05:45 PM
Range Rover

Sounds like a great atv, but I dont think its best for what where I ride, because i dont even have many straight aways, and I always use reverse on my 90, so it would be weird w/o it. Thanks.

Old 03-21-2006, 12:57 AM
Pro Rider

Yea not the BEST for tight wooded trails, but not bad either.

I havnt found a situation that I did not think my Banshee was great at, though.

(LOTS of dunes, some desert, screaming up a dirt mountain "jeep trail" or two, LOTS of slow rocky climbs, ect..)

Trending Topics

Old 03-25-2006, 11:28 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have an 06 Banshee and do 75% trail riding and have never had a problem keeping up or running faster than any 400ex raptor or any bike better built for trails. As far as reverse, I just dont get in a situation to use reverse. And if I do the bike is easy to move with the kick of a leg. Its not a big deal. Infact my Banshee is far more agile than my buddies 04 660 raptor with +4 A arms and + 2 axle. The reverse is so high geared it is almost useless to him in tight spots on trails. Other than slippin the clutch a lot in tight spots I would rate the Banshee a good trail bike.

Old 03-25-2006, 12:20 PM
Range Rover

I would suggest not purchasing a Banshee for trail riding. I had one for years (and loved it) but it's not the best trail quad out there.....I sold mine and bought a raptor 660 for trail riding. Was pleased with its abilities, so I bought the raptor 700 when it came out.

Just my opinion......

Banshee = Awesome for Dunes
Raptor = Awesome for Trails
YFZ = Awesome for MX

Smuznu

Old 03-25-2006, 12:33 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds like a great atv, but I dont think its best for what where I ride, because i dont even have many straight aways, and I always use reverse on my 90, so it would be weird w/o it. Thanks.

You are going from a 90cc quad to a banshee??? Thats a bit of a jump isn't it. Well i am not saying you can't handle it, but man when i went from a 220 bayou to my z400, it was like riding my 220 with a missile attached to it.lol. I don't think right away i was ready for it, but i got used to it real quick. Why don't you look into a 400cc sport quad. They are fast good handeling, have reverse, low maintance, and are very fun to ride. Its hard to beat them really. But you make your choice. Peace.

Quick Reply: Banshee any good for trails?