Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Urgent request fellow ATV'ers

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 08:03 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Urgent request fellow ATV'ers

Hi all,

I recently bought a 2005 raptor 660 and was out with a friend and crashed the quad. I have bent the sub-frame, handle bars and steering stem and I want to fix the quad but I have two problems. First of all I fractured my spleen and crushed my wrist, second I need a raptor service manual for doing the repair's. I know nobody can help with the spleen and wrist but does anyone have the manual ?

p.s. If I have made any mistakes its probaby because I am using my left hand only.

Thanks,

Sam

Old 03-22-2006, 10:40 AM
Weekend Warrior

Should Help

Old 03-22-2006, 10:49 AM
Weekend Warrior

Or This One

Old 03-22-2006, 11:36 AM
Range Rover

Sorry to hear about your wreck, sounds like you did a number on yourself and your quad. Were you wearing a helmet?

Old 03-22-2006, 12:03 PM
Range Rover

Thanks for the link to that forum!

Old 03-22-2006, 12:38 PM
Pro Rider

ummm, i'm guessing you had no insurance?

Old 03-23-2006, 03:40 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey all,

Well see I wanted to get my bike for the weekend and it was a race to get to the shop and pick up the quad. I got to the shop and bought it at like 6pm and didnt think about safety gear. Then in the morning got up and went out with my friend but as it was the weekend all the shops were closed so I could get the gear (stupid me). Anyways got to were we are gonna ride and we ride aroung abit i dice abit with my friend then I let my friend and the other friend ride my bike. After that I just wanted to go on abit of a cruise and explorer the area, so I was in front and to me it looked lik about a 1.5-2.0 foot table top so I was crusing along and then thought I will ramp this so I gassed n went up it. I dont know what happened next because I was nocked un-conious (spelling sorry) the next thing i remember is waking up were we setup spot looking at my wrist thing is it fractured or broken and my ribs are killing me. I just thought I bruised my ribs but then we got back on the quad drove to the car and then got in the car and drove to hospital. Once I got there they did a CT scan and it showed bruised ribs and lung plus bleeding from my spleen and the obvious broken wrist which is fractured on one side and compacted on the other. So I basically spent one day in ICU and the a normal room just watching my spleen coz if it bled anymore they would have to remove it, luckly it stopped.

Well back to the accident apparently what I went over is like a big speed hump so I think what happened was I went over it the back wheels kicked the bottom and threw me off. I was planning on getting a helmet and chest protector which now i will be definately getting.

p.s. One question, There is a special tool or somthing for removing the steering stem called a (Damper rod holder) do you guys have that tool (what does it do?) do you use somthing else instead ?

Thanks for the links and response, I finally got the manual off emule.

Thanks,

Sam