Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

yfz 450 destruction

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 05:13 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yfz 450 destruction

i bought an 04 yfz with little hours on it today for 3900 dollars.....looked brand spanking new...i got it home and rode it for 2 hours switching between it and my kfx700...a friend came by and he wanted to ride and i let him since he had been riding long before me...he left and never came back...so i got on the kfx and went to find him...came around a curve and saw like 10 cars and my heart dropped. after i saw that he was ok i almost started crying....broken frame...both arms smashed..even broke both shocks into pieces ...i thought that was impossible...front wheels bent to hell ....handlebars and levers twisted even the exhaust pipe snapped. I only paid 3900 dollars for this bike i rode from 11 am to 1pm and it looks like i have 3000 dollars worth of damage. i must have wronged someone in a bad way to have karma like this. I never rode anything that pulled at my heart strings like it did when i kicked each gear.
I rode a 450r the day before and there was no comparison. Sucks!

Old 03-28-2006, 05:31 PM
Pro Rider

sorry to hear that man....how was your friend?

Old 03-28-2006, 05:32 PM
Range Rover

Sorry, but good to hear your friend is all right. He will need to get to work to make his new quad payments.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-28-2006, 06:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

WHat happened? Did he hit a car or something? Man, that just plain sucks bugs.

Old 03-28-2006, 07:06 PM
Pro Rider

Exactly why nobody rides my quad but me...

Old 03-28-2006, 07:17 PM
Pro Rider

glad he's ok ,sorry about your bike!! but..... any good friend would pay to get your bike fixed!!! motor prob are something like that ,well.... thats the bikes falt , but wrecking it!! he owes you some money or he better get on e-bay and find some parts!!!! i only let people ride my bike that i know can pay for it if they wreck it or have nicer bikes than mine so we can make a trade lol!!!

lets see how good of friend he is.

Old 03-28-2006, 07:45 PM
Pro Rider

A good friend wouldn't have driven it like an assh0le and wrecked it in the first place!

I have an undeserved bad rep for some reason, my friends except 1 seem to think I destroy everything I touch. I am hard on my own stuff yes, well not even hard on it really but I just use it like it's supposta be used. I don't baby things I go and have fun! I do my own work and I do all the maintennece so my things auctually do last a long time....but for some reason my friends think I abuse the hell outta everything

This is why I take even more care when riding someone else's new toy if they ask me too, otherwise I won't ask to ride it if they don't offer. If they do tell me to ride it I'll just do the "lap around the block" routine where they can see and hear me at all times then I praise their ride and tell em how awesome it is and how envious I am yadda yadda yadda.

tuff luck dude~!

Trending Topics

Old 03-28-2006, 08:09 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Dirtydude
A good friend wouldn't have driven it like an assh0le and wrecked it in the first place!
Yes I agree. Sounds like the quad was wrecked at a high rate of speed. Whenever you ride an off road vehicle of any type. The first thing you what to do is get to know the machine you are on and the place where you are riding. And always be aware of you own riding skills. Especially when on someone else's quad.

Old 03-28-2006, 08:31 PM
Pro Rider

how come those wheelie bars are so long?

nice banshee [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-28-2006, 08:38 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Dirtydude
how come those wheelie bars are so long?

nice banshee [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Thanks!
It's like that to keep it from becoming a pogo stick. Its about 6 1/2 foot long.
I don't use it all the time.

Quick Reply: yfz 450 destruction