Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Why don't they make bigger cc qauds??

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 06:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why don't they make bigger cc qauds??

I actually completely agree that they should be allowed to build them as big as they want. I believe in complete personal responsiblity.

However the fact is that lawyers and liberal idiots run the world, not people like us. And the best way to avoid a complete ban on ATVs is the status quo.

Old 04-05-2006, 08:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

i agree with squeege all the way let them make them big as they want or go my way build your own have warrior with fz750 street bike motor . scary fast hell yea, but fun and excitment of power awesome .just have to know how to ride.

Old 04-05-2006, 08:19 PM
Trailblazer

Just how big and powerful do you want. If what is being offerer out isnt enough, build one up. I've seen 50 hp Mojaves, 80 plus hp brutes, my brother has a 70 hp banshee {that he wont even open up all the way cuse it scares him.}. I agree with all that said it is a liabilty issue.

Old 04-06-2006, 11:30 AM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Fully open the throttle of a Bomb 800 and you'll see why atv manufacturers are leary of going bigger. But I'm sure they will. lol. =]

Old 04-06-2006, 05:06 PM
Pro Rider

I wrote a pretty long post on this topic a few years ago on cycleworld and got a lot of hits. Basically though there is no reason why bike manufactures can not make dual purpose quads and allow us to ride them on public roads or even interstates. In many ways ATVs are safer than sportbikes. Add 4 wheels widen the wheel base and beaf up the engine and call it a dual purpose. We could be subject to all the same regulations that dnr places on enduro bikes or dual purpose bikes.

Honestly if you really want to pursue this contact your state representative or congressman and start a push for legalizing ATV's for dual purpose use. Many counties in states across the country are already allowing plated ATV's on public roads excluding interstates.

Like mentioned before claiming you want a r1 powered 160hp raptor is NOT the best way to get this legalized. Express your interest. Write letters to the manufactures. Create pressure on repressentatives to allow access. Give it some time eventually if Cali. liberals don't wipe the sport out all together with some patiences this will happen.

I would love to be able to run an enduro raptor es along side a KLR 650 on the highway at 70mph or through the twisties and or along side a xr650 off road.

Old 04-07-2006, 03:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

I can see some drunken redneck on a 1200cc 6-speed four-wheeler slamming into the rear end of my Camaro z28 already.

Old 04-07-2006, 09:29 PM
Pro Rider

people want more power because they dont want to have to be good. They dont want to have to really try to get up the big mountain... they want the engine to do everything for them

Old 04-07-2006, 11:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

A dual purpose quad would be neat but wouldn't fit on enduro trails in MI. They are just too narrow at the ground level. You would be stuck to ORV routes that the big 4wd trucks run. Currently the MCCC crowd is more orginized and has more clout than the ATV group and has more dedicated trails.

I hope they don't offer much larger/faster products to the general public. Too easy for someone to finance something they can't handle. If you build your ride up you have to be more dedicated, in general, than just signing the bottom line. Don't have an issue with those people taking themselfs out with a tree but it is a problem when they take out innocent people while flying around blind corners/passing in reckless situations etc.

Old 04-08-2006, 07:17 AM
Pro Rider

yeh your right,

"A dual purpose quad would be neat but wouldn't fit on enduro trails in MI. They are just too narrow at the ground level. You would be stuck to ORV routes that the big 4wd trucks run. Currently the MCCC crowd is more orginized and has more clout than the ATV group and has more dedicated trails.

I hope they don't offer much larger/faster products to the general public. Too easy for someone to finance something they can't handle. If you build your ride up you have to be more dedicated, in general, than just signing the bottom line. Don't have an issue with those people taking themselfs out with a tree but it is a problem when they take out innocent people while flying around blind corners/passing in reckless situations etc. "

it would be stupid, as only riders who know what they want modd their bikes, yet still you get the guy with too much money, who buys a shee or yfz, kits it up and endangers us all!you get some right nutters on quads.