Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Real Raptor & DS650 numbers.

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2000, 07:46 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To tell you the truth, I do not know if the DS will keep up with the Raptor. The Raptors are tough, but I like my DS.

Old 11-18-2000, 10:35 PM
Pro Rider

the DS is 60 lbs heavier and only gets beat by 2 tenths of a second.thats not alot to brag about.a set of 400EX tires for traction and i promise you it will be a different story.p.s.im not trying to get anything started here,just stating a fact.i have a DS and i could care less which one is faster.i ride for the fun not to be the fastest.otherwise i would put a little more money into my 00 banshee and go alot faster than my DS,as if it isnt faster all ready.

Old 11-18-2000, 10:50 PM
Pro Rider

1-800-Whocares???

Old 11-19-2000, 03:41 AM
Trailblazer

Well, the raptor I saw, was beating a piped and jetted banshee handily, that I run close to each time, holeshot would win. On a cool day.

Old 11-19-2000, 11:04 AM
Pro Rider

King? of Baja. Do you realize there were only 7 Pro quads running Baja? Do you also realize there was only 1 Pro raptor which led the race until it broke an aftermarket steering stem. Also for some reason the DS didnt have to race a Banshee. No one brought one this time. So all hail to the king of Baja the mighty DS650, thank god it won it is designed for the desert you know. GET a GRIP PeoplE!

Old 11-19-2000, 11:08 PM
Pro Rider

Thats right mighty ds riders,They key here is the RAptor would have won if the steering stem didnt break so I dont see how you guys can get all excited about your win.

Old 11-20-2000, 11:18 AM
Trailblazer

x250RDUDE
UUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHH let me think about all these what if's??? The point is Bombardier has only been making the DS since 2000 and Yamaha has been making high-performance quads for how many years?? And it broke?? I just think its very impressive for a new quad mfg. to build something in which nothing broke during the Baja. I feel the reason the DS wieghs more is because its built better. The only problem the DS has been having is that the chain roller has been breaking. Not axles, a-arms, or steering stems. The Raptor is a great bike and the industry needs more like the Raptor and DS but in my opinion Yamaha could have done a little more R/R on the Raptor. For a company who has been building high- performance quads for so long , they should have there sh** strait by now!!

Old 11-20-2000, 06:11 PM
Pro Rider

strenght =reliability=finishing race.
do you get it now?

Old 11-20-2000, 09:00 PM
Pro Rider

I have watched a DS beat the Raptor every race.Two guys tried like hell to beat the DS,but every race went to the DS.The Raptor would get the hole shot(every body agreed that it was the tires)but by third gear,the DS would out pull the Raptor,and never looked back.Both machines were stock.I couldnt believe that a bigger moter,smaller quad would get beat like that.I dont know what happened when they tested the Raptor with the DS in the magzines(speed and times),but I know that the DS will beat a Raptor in a drag race,stock for stock.The guys riding the Raptor finally gave up and told him that the DS was one bad machine.I do think in a real tight course or woods riding,because of its size the Raptor would be faster.Just my two cents.

Old 11-20-2000, 09:20 PM
Trailblazer

Well I have beaten a Ds on my Raptor twice and seen another Raptor beat a differant guy on a Ds, BUT I also seen a Ds beat a Raptor, neither of the Riders had much experiance. After riding my Raptor, then ride the Ds the Raptor seems like a Rocket and the Ds seems like a heavy yellow slug.

Quick Reply: Real Raptor & DS650 numbers.