Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

banshee flywheel problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 06:13 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default banshee flywheel problem

hi i have a 98 banshee my problem is i cant get the flywheel off the bike i am trying to get to the coils behind it but seems like it is stuck on i heated it while using a puller from yamha did nothing is there any tricks to getting this thing off

Old 04-16-2006, 10:45 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default banshee flywheel problem

Some of those flywheels are just hard to get off. What you have to do is install the puller and tighten the bolt on the puller then wait a minute and tighten it some more then wait another minute and tighten it some more and repeat this process until it comes off. If you have a rubber mallet you can also hit the flywheel with a rubber mallet to try to jar it loose while you have pressure on it, but dont try to kill it when you hit it you dont want to warp it. Also keep your face out of the way while you have pressure on it dont be down there looking at it or something because it can fly off of there and hit you in the face. I have tightened the bolt on the puller before and walked away from it then heard pop and the flywheel popped off when I wasnt even around it and some of them pop off pretty hard and sometimes it just comes right off, I have also had them pop off while I was hitting it with a rubber mallet so just be careful.