Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

HOW TO MAKE MY BLASTER FASTER

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 04:14 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HOW TO MAKE MY BLASTER FASTER

Hey guys how is it going, I was wondering can yall tell me what parts can make my stock blaster fast as a banshee. Should i get a new smaller sprocket, or What.

Tell me what engine parts to get, shocks, sproket, exhuast, muffler, filter ext.

Just please tell me what parts can make my blaster fast as a banshee or a close to fast as a banshee.

THANKS

Old 04-19-2006, 04:15 PM
Trailblazer

OH yeah, and tell me where to get them cheap, thanks

Old 04-19-2006, 05:15 PM
Trailblazer

Does anyone know any parts that can upgrade my blaster, like more horsepower, 10-15Mph more speed, faster acceleration, louder sound.

I Have a $1000 limit

Old 04-19-2006, 06:55 PM
Range Rover

I don't think you'll be able to beat a banshee, but heres a list of parts that will make your balster more zippy and add some speed.

- Vito's 240 kit
- FMF SST pipe and muffler
- after market airfilter
- bigger tires in the back
- lower count rear sproket

Hope this helps. If you get DirtWheels magazine, you can check for prices in there.

Old 04-19-2006, 07:31 PM
Pro Rider

I would say full pipe, new reeds, and a bore kit like the guy above me said should be good enough. not quite as fast as a banshee but ull be cruizing. I use Rockymountainatv.com for my parts. Also try Worldwideperformance.com or Gopartsdirect.com for the best pricing.

Old 04-19-2006, 08:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

motosport.com has great deals and free 2 day shipping with an order over $100. they always get the order rite and have it to you quiq. in my opinion use them.

Old 04-20-2006, 01:52 AM
Pro Rider

With a 1000 dollars it will be really hard to get it to keep up with a banshee. If the banshee has a good pair of pipes then there is no way to get the blaster to keep up, for only a $1000. well to be close get a

big bore kit from trenga,
porting from trenga,
lrd full pipe,
14 tooth front sproket,
38 tooth rear sproket,
K&n filter with outerwears,
22 in. rear tires,

That will proabably cost a bit more like a hundred bucks or something But that should get you to keep up with a banshee and smoke a stock 400ex and keep up maybe beat a stock z400. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-20-2006, 02:14 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: fastestkidaround
With a 1000 dollars it will be really hard to get it to keep up with a banshee. If the banshee has a good pair of pipes then there is no way to get the blaster to keep up, for only a $1000. well to be close get a

big bore kit from trenga,
porting from trenga,
lrd full pipe,
14 tooth front sproket,
38 tooth rear sproket,
K&n filter with outerwears,
22 in. rear tires,

That will proabably cost a bit more like a hundred bucks or something But that should get you to keep up with a banshee and smoke a stock 400ex and keep up maybe beat a stock z400. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I agree for the most part but wouldn't get the big bore..Mainly because that would take up most of his budget and he wouldnt' get the things needed to make the big bore run right like carb and such..I would get some good porting like CPcustoms, hetrick or SMS..Sign up at a blaster site like planetblaster or project blaster so you can take advantage of there classified section..That way you may be able to find somebody selling the performance parts you want at a lower price than brand new..

Anyways this would be my 1000 list

Used LRD,phantom, CT, or toomey pipe on a blaster forum $250

CP porting and head milled/rechambered for more compression) $250

Rear Turf tamer's(rear tires would be my first purchase if your still running stockers) $125

34mm PJ 250R carb(good choice becuase huge power gains, easy to tune, and $75
people sell them on ebay all the time for much cheaper than the air stryker 35mm's..

Front/Rear sprocket changes to 14/38 like mentioned above $50

KFX, 400ex, Z400, or DVX 400 rear shocks are all good cheap swaps for the blaster $75
The above shocks are completly adjustable and soak up ton's more and give the
blaster a much better ride!

Banshee front shocks are also a better upgrade than the blaster shocks..I know
people who run COMPETITIVELY at MX with the banshee front shocks and the above
400 rear shocks.. $75

Set of better handlebars..Depeding upon how well you shop you would have to $25-50
Settle with FLY's are be able to get pro tapers [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Now that set up would haul some ***!..Depending upon choices you would just about double your horsepower..Probably take you from 17rwhp to low to mid 30's..

Anyways thats the list i would make..But whatever you do i would consider the 400 rear shock and the banshee front..As it is when it's on the showroom the blaster is already way to fast for it's suspension, and the above shocks do a very very good job...Anyways good luck with whatever you decide..After adding all them horses your gonna need a new swingarm for the next round of mod's..Otherwise them front tires will stay in the air constantly [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Letha

Old 04-20-2006, 02:21 AM
Pro Rider

Well I agree with that too. And I too highly recommend the z400 rear shock. I love it and its got a rezzie. YEAH [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-20-2006, 02:21 AM
Elite Pro Rider

A year ago we had a Blaster, It wasn't stock by anymeans, I could keep up with a stock Banshee with stock everything. It'll cost you some bucks, but get a Vito's 240 kit , a pipe (I had a Toomey), bigger carb (31), reeds, k&n. That will get you close unless you want to burn alcohol.

Quick Reply: HOW TO MAKE MY BLASTER FASTER