Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

yz85 carb on a blaster?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 04:38 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yz85 carb on a blaster?

Someone told me I could put a yz85 carb on a blaster? Will it fit? And will I have to mix my gas?

Old 04-23-2006, 10:02 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

hhmm lets see.... are you a total dumb@$$? ofcaorse you don't mix gas when you change carbs... you won't need oil either... it runs better without it...

Old 04-23-2006, 11:56 AM
Pro Rider

here we go with speedy critisizing someone who asks for help, but yea it will fit, it will really help the motor push, i would do it. Good Luck

Old 04-23-2006, 12:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

It's hard to believe that a carb for an 85 would be better than the stock one on a 200, but hey, whatever works I guess.

Old 04-23-2006, 12:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Speedy2222
hhmm lets see.... are you a total dumb@$$? ofcaorse you don't mix gas when you change carbs... you won't need oil either... it runs better without it...
And yeah you need to lay off a little speedy, if he knew as much as you do with all your infinite wisdom he wouldn't have had to ask the question to begin with. That's what people come here for, to get answers when they don't know the answer - you total dumb@$$

Old 04-23-2006, 03:19 PM
Trailblazer

-------------------------
H.O.N.D.A. How Odd.. No Damn Acceleration
2003 Yamha Warrior- HMF Slipon, Full Raptor suspension in under $50, PRO Racing bars, Kenda Klaws, AC Racing bumper, UM 3/16 skid that is abuses rocks likes a neglected house wife.

Hmmmm........looks like someone needs a spell checker.....and some lessons in grammar...........not to mention manners. I normally don't like to criticize people, but I think Speedy asked for it. (now let's see if he can take what he dishes)

Now, back to the subject......a Blaster has a 26mm carb, and the YZ85 has a 28mm carb, so it will be able to flow more air. I'm not sure if the inlet/outlet sizes are the same (to fit the rubber elbows), and it will take some fine tuning of the mains/pilots/slide/needle, but it's plausible. Direct bolt-in? Maybe, maybe not. But it's worth investigating.

Old 04-23-2006, 05:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Speedy, don't answer if you don't understand the question. He asked about mixing his gas because the stock blaster carb has an inlet for the oil pump line. A lot of Yamaha dirtbikes had oil pumps but, the YZ bikes didn't. So a YZ250 or YZ85 carb would need pre-mixed gas.. as where a DT250 carb would work with the blaster's oil pump.

The YZ carb is also a Keihin flat-slide. It may be worth trying if you can get your hands on one for cheap. Just remember... the lower initial cost could come with many hours of tuning. Also, you might have to switch to a camp on air filter if the airbox tube doesn't lineup with the bigger carb. I have seen new flat-slide carbs for $170.. others go as high as $400.

Old 04-23-2006, 06:48 PM
Pro Rider

i found a nice 28mm PWK keihin with the cable on ebay for $50...hope it works good

Old 04-23-2006, 07:58 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks guys for backing me up. And rruser understood what I was talking about. And thanks again guys. And speedy you need to take and break and calm down.

Old 04-24-2006, 08:36 AM
Pro Rider

The stock Blaster carb is a 26mm round slide while the 85's use a 28mm flat slide. I put an RM85 carb on my sons Blaster. Biggest problem is the flat slide carbs are shorter in length. If you not going to use a reed spacer, the boots will just fit. If you have the spacer its no problem. Everything else lines up well. I used a Warrior throttle cable, because you have to get rid of the tors when changing carbs. You also have to splice the 2 wires going to the tors unit together to make it idle. Tuning was kind of a headache. But it runs really well now that everything is lined out. I wrote my jetting and all down somewhere, so if I can find it, I'll post it. (getting old sucks!!)

Quick Reply: yz85 carb on a blaster?