'07 Yamaha models

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 08:17 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts
Default '07 Yamaha models

Speaking of new models, was reading the new ATV Sport mag in the library, and they had an article about the convention in Indy a couple of weeks back. They had a couple of pics of the new Chinese quads, next to the Japanese and American quads. Plastics are very, very close to each other. Seems they are really going after the copycat market now. Sounds like they may need to change the plastic again just to distinguish themselves.

Old 05-05-2006, 04:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by: Catterman
Grizz is getting the 700 EFI, or they are making a Polar Bear with 800cc+ & EFI. One or the other. And you can put that in the bank. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Those are the rumors that were going around last year about this time, and they let everyone down, what makes you think this year is the year? Don't get me wrong but Yamaha has been know to drag there feet more than most. There almost as bad as Honda is anymore. Unless you like the race ready quads they seem to be hard at work keeping them on top. As far as sport utes go they have all but been asleep for over 3 years now.

Old 05-05-2006, 04:59 PM
Pro Rider

I want a real 450 kodiak like the sport bike engine....and double that for a 900cc grizz .............................Hold on boyz!!!!LOL

Old 05-05-2006, 05:27 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Originally posted by: cc1999
Grizz is getting the 700 EFI, or they are making a Polar Bear with 800cc+ & EFI. One or the other. And you can put that in the bank. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Those are the rumors that were going around last year about this time, and they let everyone down, what makes you think this year is the year? Don't get me wrong but Yamaha has been know to drag there feet more than most. There almost as bad as Honda is anymore. Unless you like the race ready quads they seem to be hard at work keeping them on top. As far as sport utes go they have all but been asleep for over 3 years now.
A guy I know has a friend who has a second cousin that knows a guy who has a sister that works at Yamaha. That is how I found out. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-05-2006, 09:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

anybody see newest dirt wheels mag had article on replacement banshee thats what i think magazine is hoping for i dont see it happening but its yamahas new snowsled phazer look alike with wheels under it same plastic and everything but like said dont see it happening .

Old 05-06-2006, 02:52 PM
Pro Rider

I hope you guys aren't as disappointed as the Bomb guys are after the '07 Bombs came out last night. It was an all Ute linup... WTF. There are now 6 Outlander models. The sport guys got totally left out of their new releases. Hope you all fare a little better. I might have to go sit on the 700 Raptor, see how that lil bastard feels.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 05-07-2006, 01:45 AM
Pro Rider

I'd buy the 800efi if it was called Polar Bear, awesome. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 05-07-2006, 07:53 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: FatHolly
I hope you guys aren't as disappointed as the Bomb guys are after the '07 Bombs came out last night. It was an all Ute linup... WTF. There are now 6 Outlander models. The sport guys got totally left out of their new releases. Hope you all fare a little better. I might have to go sit on the 700 Raptor, see how that lil bastard feels.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Man, that REALLY sucks!...........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
I feel for you BOMB guys cause they totally leave the sport guys with nothing. I remember last year when the DS went down to one model and everyone thought they did it to make room for a new sport release...............and they did NOTHING! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
WTF are they thinking! Its just my opinion, but who the he// needs a big-heavy utility quad with that kind of power that easily goes over 70 mph? And they say sport quads are dangerous.............geez!!!!!!

I don't think that anyone truely knows what Yamaha has up their sleeve. Remember how they throw the Rappy 700 at us? Nobody seen that coming..........I sure didn't......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-08-2006, 07:49 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: yamahawk750
anybody see newest dirt wheels mag had article on replacement banshee thats what i think magazine is hoping for i dont see it happening but its yamahas new snowsled phazer look alike with wheels under it same plastic and everything but like said dont see it happening .
I bought that issue over the weekend. That was basically a REEEALLLY lousy photochop job. It looks like dirt wheels has no insider info either. The two versions of the Phazer engine are a neat idea, but realistically I don't see them doing it either.

As surprising as the Raptor 700 release was last year, don't forget how disappointing some recent Yamaha releases were also. The "new" Wolverine - has it been confirmed that this is basically the discontinued straight axle Kodiak 450 with Raptor plastic? Also, the Raptor 350. New plastic, but basically the same Warrior design that's been around for 20 years. Remember how everyone thought it would be upped to a 400 to compete with the Z400? Didn't happen.

Here's what I think will happen with the Blaster and Banshee, anyhow. They will go with what they already have. I think the blaster will wind up with a retuned Bruin 250 engine. This is the trend used by the other manufacturers. Suzuki has their Z250 / Ozark, Honda has the 250EX / Recon. Same powerplants, different tuning. I think the chassis will be a new design though. As long as it's specs at least match the Z250 I'd be okay with this. Remember, even the original blaster came from a powerplant that dated back to the 1970's.

The Banshee is probably done. It was too unique a machine to mess with, and think about how Yamaha alienated fans of the Wolverine by slapping the name on the new vesion. I don't think they'll make that mistake twice.

Good or bad, I can't wait to see what they do. It will definitely influence whether or not I keep what I have or buy something else.

Old 05-08-2006, 11:10 AM
Pro Rider

Just what the world needs, another shaft drive 250 thumper with auto clutch. Yawn.

Why not be different, put out a 300 pound 250cc manual clutch chain drive that's detuned so kids can learn on it then it can be pumped up like the old blasters to make some decent horsepower.

Quick Reply: '07 Yamaha models