Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Which one is the right Carb

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 02:41 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Choices choices

So i was changing my jets the other day and i was wondering which carb is left and which is right. Now this may sound stupid but i don't know is it from the back as you look at them or the front or the bike?

Also i know there is alot of forums on this topic but, with stage 1 cam do you loose any top end or does it stay the same and just affect the bottom and mid range.

what would be best for me. I have 660, Pro design kit K&N no air box lid. and rejetted. i also have slip on e series exhaust. So stage 1 or 2.

if i switched to a full system Yoshi Comp series would that make a big differance. Or what i should say is, should i get a new cam or full exhaust, don't have too much money to fork out on this machine. I'm going to Vtec my 1965 mini cooper. 0-100 KPH 4 seconds or so. Thats going to hit my wallet.

I am not going to port my engine or any thing like that. Maybe a 11:1 piston but thats the most. I do all kinds of riding but i don't live near sand so top speed is not too too important but i do have to take the high ways to get to my area i ride in so i have to be swift you could say. Urban adventures are fun too so i need a some speed there (just hope they don't send up the helicopter then im done lol)

Thanks for the help.

Old 05-09-2006, 04:11 PM
Trailblazer
Default Which one is the right Carb

Come on some one must know

Old 05-09-2006, 08:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Left is as you are sitting on it or shifter side.

My experience is different then most with the stage 1. I liked the stock cam better and put it back in. Need a slightly used S1 cam?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

No comment

A full exhaust will give you a little more top and and mid range

If your not going to port it I wouldn't get the stage 2 cam. 11:1 and the stage 1 is a popular and good running combo. Just don't use a JE piston.

Old 05-09-2006, 09:05 PM
Trailblazer

Hey

Well could you tell me if you lost any top end power or any thing. I could not work out how to PM so if you PM me then you can tell me how much you want for you cam. thanks

Old 05-09-2006, 09:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is my experience with the S1 cam.
My engine is all stock the only mods are:
Yoshi full exhaust
Modded carbs with GYTR needles
Port matched the intake
SixsixT dual K&N filter adapter

With the stock cam.On flat ground at the dunes with paddles (no traction problems) I could cruise in 3rd gear at mid to lower RPMs and pull the front end up no problem, with out pulling on the bars, no clutching, not shifting my weight back. Just give it throttle and the front comes up.
With the S1 cam and no other changes other then jetting (even tried same jetting) I could not do the same and I always had a slight low end bog I could not get rid of. I tried main jets, pilot jets, neddle settings, float level and air screw adjustments. It wasn't a big deal but I don't have the bog with the stock cam back in.

That was my experience and I'm sure it's different then 99 percent of what others have had. But I'm a firm beleiver that good performance involves the whole package working together and what any one performance mod or part works on one bike may not work as well in another.