Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor 660 Wheel Spacers?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 05:10 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor 660 Wheel Spacers?

Hey guys, I searched for some old threads on this topic but theyre pretty dated. I want some real feedback of people that have spacers front and back. I was looking at dura blue and g force. I was researching and I found that the aluminum ones are better but I really don't know. Do they hold up? And please dont suggest new a arms and axles because I am a struggling college student that cant afford to do it like that. And another thing if the rappy would fit in a ranger 6 foot bed non flairside. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Old 05-11-2006, 06:31 PM
Trailblazer

Ive got the GForce spacers on the rear. I too was skeptical about them, but they seem to be fine. They are built pretty beefy. Ive had them on there for about a year now, no troubles yet. I really dont see where they could cause any problems. I cant comment on front ones though, I had to break down and buy some A-arms cuz I snapped the upper stock arm.

Old 05-11-2006, 07:01 PM
Pro Rider

I abused the durablue graphite spacers on the back for 3 years. No problems. Night and day handling and cornering. My buddy hit a jeep with these on, bent the axle like a noodle, the spacers were unharmed.

Don't put any on the front. The Raptor drives like crap if you offset the front.

Old 05-11-2006, 07:17 PM
Pro Rider

i have a raptor 350 with front spacers from g force. I love them. No problems. Helps turnign radius. Hope I helped

Old 05-11-2006, 07:38 PM
Pro Rider

Raptor 350 is different.

If you put them on a 660, you get hard steering, and every little bump in the trail will get trasmitted thru your tie rods to you arms to your shoulers. You will fatigue on long rides. You bars will pull side to side on uneven trail. If you drive on rocky rough stuff, you will bend tie rods and break ends. Been there, done that bought the T-shirt, then threw it away.

To top it off, they don't help for cornering anyway. The back is what gives you stablity.

If you drive mostly on pavement, it won't be so bad.

Old 05-11-2006, 11:23 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the feedback guys. I was just considering them because when I push the quad hard into corners it wants to tip, I wanted to correct this. I just want to know if its worth leaving the stock width or sacrifice harshness for better cornering. I have also looked at lowering kids but from the appearance they look pretty crummy and I have never seen anyone on here with one. Just honest opinion $160 for alumimum spacers or leave it like it is and just suck it up and throw my weight in the corners??

Old 05-11-2006, 11:25 PM
Trailblazer

Just to add to the above. Everyone says how good the back ones are but what about the front ones on a 660? Thanks

Trending Topics

Old 05-12-2006, 04:59 AM
Pro Rider

I have G-force wheel spacers on the front. I like them because it only adds 1.2 inches on each side which seems to help a little but they don't widen it so much you start to question the durability. Last time I went to the dunes I also add front sand tires on wheels that were an inch offset. So the front end was 2.2 inches wider than stock on each side. I didn't have any problems, and didn't notice a difference in the ride, although it was sand...

Old 05-12-2006, 09:13 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

on the back is alright

i wouldnt recommend the front

Old 05-12-2006, 09:54 AM
Pro Rider

I put the G-force all the way around on the wifes rappy 350 and it improved the ride tremendoulsy. I got the G-force axel for the rear on my 660, and took the fronts off the 350 and put them on mine untill I can get a-arms. I have no complaints other than my stock front shocks are worn out so it does bottom real easy now with the extra leverage. The steering is fine so i have no problems with that at all, and if the shocks werent already toast I would bet they would be perfect. Keep in mind I desert race so my suspension takes a serious beating, and they are holding up fine so far with no problem. Not sure where you came up with $160 for them, check rocky mountain atv they are 69.99 a set so your looking at $139.98 shipped and your riding wide!! Or just buy the rear G-force Axel for $199.00 shipped then save up for the front, you will get rid of the tippyness with just an axel. either way you cant go wrong.

Quick Reply: Raptor 660 Wheel Spacers?