Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Another Grizzly axle topic (sorry)

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2006, 09:25 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Grizzly axle topic (sorry)

Hi everybody,been a long time since I posted here but I have a question.........

I shattered my rear inner cv joint yesterday(the ring that holds the little *****) and ripped the rubber boot. I tried searching "Grizzly cv joint" with only 3 results.

My question is, can I buy a cheap cv joint rebuild kit, how much is it, and were is the best place to get it? I hate to buy a whole axle because of one little broken ring. Any help would be great.
Thanks-Gary

Old 05-28-2006, 09:32 AM
Pro Rider

Check Ronnies.com its oem parts, not sure if you want to pay that much but atleast this way you will get an idea. This might be the part section your lookin for.
If not, just look under OEM parts at Ronnies

Old 05-29-2006, 01:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

lol.....I laugh because I just did the same thing on almost the same day. I also was doing a search with better results than you by the sounds, but you can just replace the cv joint not the whole axle. That way you don't need to tear it apart. That is what I have to do since a few of the inner tines spun off my cv joint trying to limp her out of the woods. So now the snap ring wont keep her in place.

The cv joint will come with a new boot so just disconect the axle from the cv joint. Slide on the new boot (without clamp yet) conect it to the new cv joint, insall the snap ring, pack her full of grease, and slide it back in the Differential. Then tighten the clamps on the boot. You can prity much do it all without taking it all apart, you just need to take out the upper a-arm bolt to allow the cv joint to come fully out of the Differential.

Hope this helps and I have to do the same thing. P.S. the cheepest I have seen the new cv's is on e-bay for buy it now of around $140. I am checking with two other guys though one is on e-bay by the name of cvman and the other is a dealer out of Main......his name is mike. It's a holiday weekend so I haven't heard back from him yet. If he is cheeper I will let you know. He has been cheeper on everything I have ordered so far. you can e-mail him from dicksatv.com. I heard about him from the nyriders website.