Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Sick of non yamaha riders talking trash

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2000, 07:58 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Am I the only one that sees this and is sick of this? 2 out of 3 topics in this forum is some guy talking about how he wasted a guy on a Raptor on the MX track with a 250r or how the Raptor finished 3 hours behind the DS in a Baja race. Why don't people stay in their forum or just realize they are so insecure about their quads they have to trash talk the real leaders. Anyone that has something bad to say about Yamaha needs to compare more than one situation and bow down to Yamaha because no one can touch a Yamaha. (i'll admit Honda is close)

Old 11-23-2000, 08:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

your pretty brand biased yourself.... why don't you tell a couple of your "biased yama fans" to stay out of the honda forum. and maybe your polaris buddies, since you guys break down on the trail together and all, you probably have become good friends with one another.

Old 11-23-2000, 10:09 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I think that a lot of the trash talkers are under 21 years old. All quads have good and bad points. Most people buy a quad based on thier needs and budget. Some would like to have a Raptor, but can't afford it and end up with something else. Envy could play a big role in some of this. I have owned quite a few corvettes and every Tom,Dick and Harry wanted to race. It is hard not to stoop to thier level sometimes and enough is enough. 99 percent of the time i would prevail but once in a while someone would squeak by and win. The losers always had plenty of reasons why they did'nt win. I am not saying the corvette is the best sports car, but it is the standard a lot of muscle cars are gunning for. I have owned 5 in the last 15 years and they have plenty of bad points to them, but i know i will buy more in the future. Bought a nice 1987 Buick Grand National 7 years ago done alot of mods. I don't worry about losing in straight line races anymore. The Raptor is the new machine, that all other sport machines shoot for. Take all the trash talk as a complament, and realize the vast majority of bashers are most likely lying. Ride and have fun on whatever you have.

Old 11-23-2000, 10:28 PM
Pro Rider

Slam all the manufacturers you want, slam all the dealers you want, do NOT slam fellow riders or what they ride, I for one take offense when people slam on my blaster, there is no need for it. Whether it be a 78 cr125, a moped, or a 01 raptor, you still ride and that should be what counts. I ride with a blaster, my friends ride articcat 454, 81 cr500, polaris trailblazer, kaw.lakota, articcat 500, honda big red 3, and one of my buddies has some little old suzuki mabe a 200cc.. point being these are the people I ride with, my friends, one thing in common love to ride our atv's.. weather its an old POS or a new baddest machine on the block, its a machine and they ride with you.. those big 4x4s come in helpful when my butt is stuck in the mud.. dont mean to preach but comon now... Personally I think honda probally makes the best machines, not the funnest but in the long run... but that is my OPINION.. I think, If you have not owned one you have no right to slam one..

Old 11-24-2000, 02:07 AM
Weekend Warrior

I suspected it was insecure and immature little kids, thanks for clearing that up for me.

Old 11-24-2000, 03:07 AM
Trailblazer

i have a DS650 i love this atv and i would`nt tread it for a raptor,shee,400ex,250r, nothang.
but they are all great atv`s i would be proud to owen any of them but my personal prefrance is the bomb for its wheight stance and over all feel.
i have a friend with a raptor and we have switched off for hours at a time and i just dont care for it the same gos for the shee rode it alot just dont like it dosnt meen it isnt a good atv tho.
point being is that we are all differant in what we like under us.

i do ride with the shee,raptor,the400even a tecate with a yz490 stufed in it(sick) and no one is leving the other behind well not to much

oh and why dosnt any one want to talk about the true king of speed the lt500 that still to date is unsurpased in hp to wheight ratio

lt500 7.5 lb to 1 hp
raptor 10.5 to 1 hp
ds650 10.2 to 1 hp
the calculations are aprox on stock atv so dont get your panties in a bunch if im off by.2 or somethang its just a point.

Old 11-24-2000, 03:57 PM
Trailblazer

Most of the bashers are under 21? Not true. I am 15 and I sound much more mature than half of the middle aged people on here. The Yammie guys go into the Honda forums and the Honda guys go in the Yamaha forums. I ride red and the only reason I come in here is to see what's going on with everyone. I don't come in here to argue. I just like to read about other peoples quads. So what, your Raptor broke, all quads can break. People here that and they all bash all the Raptors out there. So, before you go saying that it is the younger crowd bashing, think again.

Old 11-24-2000, 04:29 PM
Range Rover

I ride a Yamaha, but can't really side with Spiderman.He sounds like a punk kid, suffering from a bad case of product loyalty (and an acute case of immaturity).
I will say, though, that it does aggrivate me when somebody asks a simple question regarding them having a difficult choice on what they want. Only to get responses from "product-loyal" fools that make uneducated comments about the other brand. Such as somebody that owns a "brand X" and has never even ridden a "brand Y", but will say how their "brand X" is so much more dependable, while the "brand Y" will always be broken down. They have no experiences or knowledge to back this up.
Meanwhile, the poor guy looking for honest info is getting steered in a direction that may not be what he wants.
Grow up people.( you know who you are )

Old 11-24-2000, 04:33 PM
Range Rover

Actually I'm sick of all the trash talking. I must admit sometimes I say things back, but that's only when I feel the post is idiotic. I think some of the people here do not get enough attention at home so they post something stupid that's going to get everybody angry. People can't even ask a simple question anymore without some moron posting how he beat this quad or that. Face the facts. Every quad is good in it's own way, and whatever quad YOU own is the best, otherwise you would have bought something else. So there's no use arguing over who has the best quad. Its stupid, immature, and most of all annoying. What's sad is that this used to be a good place to ask SERIOUS questions, but mainly now its one big flame fest.

Old 11-24-2000, 07:04 PM
Trailblazer

I still find this a great place to get answers, you just have to wade through a bit of mud slinging to get them

I agree about the flame fest though. And I have only seen the moderator step in and lock up flame bait once. Maybe some people that come from other forums with flame in mind need some minor suspensions from the forum? Not to mention any names but..... OK I won't

Quick Reply: Sick of non yamaha riders talking trash