Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

83 MPH Banshee at Glamis

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2000, 11:20 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I heard that a Turbo Banshee went 83 MPH up Olds hill at glamis this Thanksgiving weekend. Can this be true? How much HP did that banshee have and how can I get it??

Old 11-24-2000, 12:01 AM
Trailblazer

The turbo Shee can make 100+ HP. but its big $$$. Alba and Hypertech or Hy-tech I think sell em. I wish I had one.
Ride on and keep the dunes and trails open.

Old 11-24-2000, 07:52 AM
Range Rover

Yes a banshee did do 83.5mph up olds. Dan Hull from A&S racing and HiPer technology built the bike.... There was a great post in here a few days ago but a few people bitched about it and it was deleted. Here is a link to whats left of that post. the rest has been completely removed from the board.
http://forums.atvconnection.com/thre...rigpost=169148

Tom Darnell from HiPer tech was just posting the info and has now been asked not to post anymore(posting privilages were more than likely revoked) It seems a few people thought it was advertising when tom was just happy that there bike walked all the bigboys at Glamis.... The few people that complained said that NO one can afford omne of those kits..... Who said you were supposed to run and buy one?
Well I am done complaining now.... Its just too bad that Tom is unable to post here

Old 11-24-2000, 07:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

370b,
Thank you for your support. I’m back for a final message to thank the members or the forum who come here regularly looking for honest answers to their questions, and for those who do their best to objectively and accurately answer peoples questions and pass on significant information.
For those of you who ramble through the forum spreading ill wisdom (misinformation), I am sorry. The magazines and aftermarket in the ATV industry are at fault for not educating readers like you on even the basics principles of ATV Performance Technology (How do shocks work?, What is the racing history behind the DS650, Raptor, 250R, and Banshee Motor?, What new technologies are coming?, etc..). These are insightful questions which people could actually learn from if the answers where provided in a responsible manner. Pick up the phone and ask a Pro Engine Builder, a Pro Race Team, etc.
For those of you who brand bash and antagonize others with topics such as “Bagged me a Raptor” and “Fact Not Fiction “New King””, there are no excuses. Your topics are shallow and reflect ignorance and immaturity. It is easy to dismiss these topics as acts of adolescent teens but I suspect many are acts of grown adults. These are the topics that should be removed, so that the honest topics that end up being pushed to the bottom can be answered. Or maybe there are not many experts left in the forum able to answer the honest topics, so they flock to answer the gutless “Mines better than yours” topics. Regardless, these Brand Bashing topics are consistently the top yielding topics in the Forum, which leads me to the conclusion that the forum is basically a lost cause and our time is better spent elsewhere.
Good Luck!
On Original Topic:
www.hiper-technology.com
That turbo bike makes 152HP at the motor and between 120RWH and 130RWH (rear wheel horsepower) depending upon the dyno used. The 100HP referenced above was rear wheel horse power posted at the Alba shoot out. That equates to 130HP at the motor on that dyno. We will soon post topics on Dyno Dynamics on our website for you to better understand how dynos results are analized.

Old 11-26-2000, 06:13 PM
Range Rover

HiPer,
I totally agree with your reply. Good luck with the company.

Old 11-26-2000, 08:43 PM
Trailblazer

Excellent Post!!!!! I could not agrre with you more...

Old 11-26-2000, 10:38 PM
Pro Rider

yes, i totally agree also, i can definitely believe that bike was the fastest b/c i have a dan hull motor and it hauls !!!!!!! i can only imagine what he can do with the help of tom darnel with a turbo motor! he advertises them on his site www.bansheeracing.com

Old 11-27-2000, 05:35 AM
Pro Rider

The one problem I had with the turbo Banshee I saw at Alba Yamaha (yeah I live 3 mins from them so I get to see all the cool toys) is the exhaust outlet from the turbo sticks out to the right of the seat and actually had the plastic cut around the pipe. To me it spells burn't legs and melted riding pants. I don't know about you guys but when I ride Glamis or any other dunes in the area I don't just race up Olds or Test/Comp. Sure I'll hit the hill once or twice but never long enough to waste my gas there. You might be the fastest guy on the hill as long as you are there but once you leave there is someone else there that's king of the hill.

Old 11-27-2000, 07:50 AM
Range Rover

dunepilot: The whole point of this thread is not about the plastic, the pipes, or having a dune machine..... This whole post(what was deleted) was just a statemet that Dan/Tom built a bike that walked the whole competition at Olds by 10+mph. I am sure they didnt build the bike to dune.... it was brought all the way there from Michigan I believe(A&S racing) to glamis to be KING OF THE HILL!
The origional post was completely deleted so no one can read it. The only thing that is left is at http://forums.atvconnection.com/thre...rigpost=169148 and what ever is posted there is NOT seen by anyone! It kinda makes you wonder why its not open for everyone to read?!?!

walter
88 Banshee 370
95 Dodge Ram 4x4
99 Quadbuddy

Old 11-27-2000, 09:14 AM
Pro Rider

Do you think that petitioning the administrators would do any good? It's a shame to have guys with valuable info on here run off because of policy that isn't enforced evenly.

Quick Reply: 83 MPH Banshee at Glamis