Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Warrior noise

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 02:58 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warrior noise

Whenever I push the warrior out of the shed, I hear a light grinding noise coming from the rear. Is that possibly a warped rotor or brake pad problem? I just replaced the chain and it's tight, so we can count that out.

Old 06-05-2006, 04:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default Warrior noise

Its most likely the rear brake

Could be either wore out brake pads or bent rotor

Old 06-05-2006, 08:49 PM
Range Rover
Default Warrior noise

" I just replaced the chain and it's tight, so we can count that out. "

Just making sure, but there is supposed to be some slack in there.

About the grinding, depending on how hard u listen, might just be chain, transmission sprocket moving, or even a warped rotor. The rotor or pad thing is nothing to really worry about unless it anoys u that much or u r worried about it. Sometimes they warp over time, or a small hit to it when riding.

Old 06-05-2006, 08:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Warrior noise

Could the rotor or chain be rubbing on the skid plate?

Old 06-06-2006, 12:33 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Warrior noise

My bad, the chain has just enough tension that it's not hitting the skidplate. My guess is it's the rotor.
Recon 99....are you still running that EBC clutch on your quad? I'm waiting for mine to get here and just wanted your thoughts on it. Did you replace the clutch cable too when the clutch was rebuilt? Any suggestions before I put it in?

Old 06-06-2006, 01:46 PM
Trailblazer
Default Warrior noise

Have you made sure it's not the axle bearings...They do wear out...I replaced mine in both of
my Warriors...

Old 06-06-2006, 02:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default Warrior noise

Originally posted by: RoadDog01
My bad, the chain has just enough tension that it's not hitting the skidplate. My guess is it's the rotor.
Recon 99....are you still running that EBC clutch on your quad? I'm waiting for mine to get here and just wanted your thoughts on it. Did you replace the clutch cable too when the clutch was rebuilt? Any suggestions before I put it in?

I ran EBC clutch plates and discs in my warrior and had zero problems. Just be sure to soak the fiber discs in oil (I let them stay in an oil bath for hours) so there ready to go when installed.

You may as well change out the cable while your at since you will have it half way removed anyhow, and what good is a nice new smooth clutch when you have an old grungy cable

Trending Topics

Old 06-06-2006, 02:37 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Warrior noise

I don't think it's the axle bearings b/c while I'm pushing it back, you hear the grinding, then you don't as the tires roll.

Old 06-06-2006, 04:25 PM
Pro Rider
Default Warrior noise

I don't think it's the axle bearings b/c while I'm pushing it back, you hear the grinding, then you don't as the tires roll.
So it doesnt grind when the wheels are turning?

Old 06-06-2006, 05:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Warrior noise

The clutch is still holding up good, and i've worked it pretty hard since I got it. I highly recommend it, it seems like a great deal for the money, no complaints at all. I did replace the cable with a motion pro terminator, which made the clutch pull nice and smooth. Just like 440ex said, make sure you soak the clutch in some oil ahead of time.

Quick Reply: Warrior noise