Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Ebay exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 04:35 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay exhaust

Hi

I found this cheap exaust on ebay and was wondering if i should buy it over my stock system or not. I have seen some others post about it but not really tell what it does on a bike. heres what his add sais.

"Hello, I have up for auction an exhaust pipe for a Yamaha Raptor 660. It is brand new and has the spiral louvered baffles. It is for competition only and does not have the spark arrestor. This is made on the order of the glass pack and gives a great sound all the while increasing your horsepower. The dyno test shows that it increases your horsepower by 8.1 hp and has 20 ft pounds of tork. You won't find a more powerful slip on muffler for the Yamaha Raptor. It will fit all years of Yamaha Raptors and it will slip right on to the stock pipe. Please email me if you need to know the jet size for optimum performance. You will need to re-jet for this muffler. The inlet pipe measures 2 inches OD, and I have cut slits in it to fit nicely over a 1 7/8 pipe. The outlet measures 2 1/2 inches. The muffler body measures 3 1/2 inches around. Try this exhaust on for size...you are sure to like what you hear and feel! It is painted with a high temperature silver paint. It is made in the USA. The top bidder pays only 8.50 for shipping in the contiguous 48 states. I accept paypal or you can send a money order. Good luck with your bid! I have sold several of these and have got lots of good feedback on the great sound and performance they provide... and a great price!"

What do you guzs think? Oh ya its 80 bucks with no spark arrestor..... But 7.1 hp i will make a arrestor for it.

Old 06-13-2006, 05:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Ebay exhaust

They don't even know how to SPELL torque. When a pipe for a 660 says competition use only it means it. A raptor with any kind of exhaust that's not a quiet series will be thunderous. For an example, yoshimura makes silencers that are in the middle range of sound output, and on a 660 it'll make your brain itch. Get a cheap exhaust like that and it'll be even louder. Like to the point that it's annoying, embarassing, and downright ridiculous. If you get an aftermarket exhaust, make it a quiet series, or at least something with an optional quiet core like the yoshimuras and hmfs have.

Old 06-13-2006, 05:10 PM
Range Rover
Default Ebay exhaust

yes but i looked into them and HMF witch seam to be one of the cheaper reckomended pipes are starting at $230.00 on ebay. Thats a litle more than I want to put into a 01 raptor that I paid 2000$ for to begin with. So you are saying I should stay stock or step up and get a real pipe. Also are there anay good ways to modify the stock exause because iv read that people are getting the same HP our of moded stock that with the aftermarket slipons. Is this true?

Old 06-13-2006, 05:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Ebay exhaust

That's exactly what I mean. The stock exhaust is fine and is nice and quiet. You're not going to find a good exhaust for less than an HMF unless you find a used one. All the exhausts for under $200 are really junk.

Personally if I had a raptor i'd probably leave the stock exhaust on it. The only aftermarket ones that are really that quiet on a 660 are the FMF Q series, and they're overpriced and don't give much performance for the money. I rarely ride my warrior at home anymore, because this HMF is so loud that I know people hear it a mile away, and I don't like being a nuisance. Loud exhausts are one of the things that is really giving our sport a bad reputation in the public eye. Most people won't like it when they're trying to enjoy a nice quiet day relaxing, and they hear "braaap braaaap braaaap" all day, unless they're a powersports enthusiast themselves.

Old 06-13-2006, 10:07 PM
Range Rover
Default Ebay exhaust

i ride around my house and my nabor comes out and yells at me anayhow and its not that loud and i only do it to test before we go rideing. they claim they cant sleep when its 6 pm out and ask me "Can you put a mulfur on it or somthing" so in there eyes the stock is loud too. You're right about the loud pipes tho I got a 400Ex with a pro intake jets and a fmf powercore 4 or somthing like that and its loud but i dont think its all that much faster. anayhow i guess im talked out of buying a pipe for now. Thanks for saveing me like $300

Old 06-13-2006, 10:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Ebay exhaust

Haha if you think that a powercore on a 400ex is loud you haven't heard anything yet. A 400ex is a pretty quiet machine, and the powercore is one of the quietest 4 stroke pipes out there. That 400ex is probably around 94 db, but that raptor with an hmf would be well over 105 db. That's more than twice as loud as the 400ex.