Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Bad dealerships

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 11:51 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad dealerships

I took my freinds 700 raptor in for its first service and dropped off my 660 for a valve adjustment at a yamaha dealership in Ebensburg PA.As I was walking back to my van 2 guys come running over and tell me I have to come with them.As we are walking in they tell me that the 700 was stolen from their shop about 2 months ago.I told the guy my freind bought the quad here and he said "you mean he stole it from here".So anyway, the cops show up they are getting ready to cuff & stuff me when they realized they did the wrong paperwork and the quad my freind signed for was still on the showroom floor.I asked them if they did an inventory after they thought the quad was "stolen",they said yes. So its a problem when a machine is stolen but its ok to have an extra one.After all this my freind came in and said we would forget about all of it we just wanted the services done for free or at least a discount.NO CHANCE! So now my freind is trying to get the machine that he actually signed for.(HE HE)What do you think of that!

Old 06-20-2006, 04:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default Bad dealerships

WOW crazy story I will never go there again they are as******

Old 06-20-2006, 05:36 PM
Pro Rider
Default Bad dealerships

I cant really understand what you are trying to say...

Old 06-20-2006, 06:05 PM
Pro Rider
Default Bad dealerships

Originally posted by: Fulltiltrider
I took my freinds 700 raptor in for its first service and dropped off my 660 for a valve adjustment at a yamaha dealership in Ebensburg PA.As I was walking back to my van 2 guys come running over and tell me I have to come with them.As we are walking in they tell me that the 700 was stolen from their shop about 2 months ago.I told the guy my freind bought the quad here and he said "you mean he stole it from here".So anyway, the cops show up they are getting ready to cuff & stuff me when they realized they did the wrong paperwork and the quad my freind signed for was still on the showroom floor.I asked them if they did an inventory after they thought the quad was "stolen",they said yes. So its a problem when a machine is stolen but its ok to have an extra one.After all this my freind came in and said we would forget about all of it we just wanted the services done for free or at least a discount.NO CHANCE! So now my freind is trying to get the machine that he actually signed for.(HE HE)What do you think of that!
????

The quad didn't come with any paperwork or what?

Did he ever make a payment?

Is the quad titled?

Registered?

Enquiring Minds want to know....

Old 06-21-2006, 11:19 AM
Pro Rider
Default Bad dealerships

The VIN # on the 700 that he has did not match the paperwork he signed. The salesman just pulled it out of a folder and assumed it was the right paperwork. When they went to sell another one the salesman must have checked the VIN on this one and seen something wrong. So they searched for the quad with that VIN and came up with (it must have been stolen) So after that they were checking all the machines that came through the shop, as well as all the other dealerships that were in the area,for the magical VIN # that was stolen. I was the lucky winner![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-21-2006, 11:22 AM
Pro Rider
Default Bad dealerships

Oh yea, the machine is titled Wrong VIN.Yes he has made 4 payments on it.And yes it is registered,All with the wrong VIN!!! payment book and all

Old 06-21-2006, 11:25 AM
Pro Rider
Default Bad dealerships

I even heard 2 months before this happened that someone stole a brand new machine from there and they were "Looking for the A**hole that stole their quad."

Old 06-21-2006, 11:25 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts
Default Bad dealerships

I'd mention defamation of character to them. By accusing you of having a stolen machine, it could do irreporable harm to your name, and you deserve just compensation. I'd ask them which they would rather do, give me the correct quad for which I have paperwork on, or go to court, so you can have them both. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

My job would have terminated me immediately if they found out I was accused of having stolen merchandise.

Old 06-21-2006, 11:27 AM
Pro Rider
Default Bad dealerships

That dealership is only 72 miles from me in pittsburgh.....thanks for the info

So if you don't check the vin on your quad you could be screwed by them I guess....

Old 06-21-2006, 12:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default Bad dealerships

curious...The only dealer I find in that area is
Champion Motors Inc
447 Shawna Road, Barnesboro, PA 15714
(814) 948-7777
(814) 948-7766 (fax

Quick Reply: Bad dealerships