Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Congrats to Yamaha!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 11:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Congrats to Yamaha!!!

At first glance I wasn't real impressed...but I think there is more to this quad than meets the eye... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-27-2006, 12:06 AM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It looks like a fine ride to me!

Old 06-27-2006, 12:41 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by: Toyeboy
The power steering is cool....but that's about it and I wouldn't buy it for power steering. IT NEEDED A V-TWIN!!! I have a King Quad (695cc)and a power upgrade would be nice to me already, If I went with the new Grizz(686cc) I'd be going down in power.
Are you SURE it has less power than the KQ? That 686 seems pretty stout from what I have seen. I have a feeling the new Grizz will have plenty of power, probably not as much as the 800 Outy, but it should still fly.

Old 06-27-2006, 01:31 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: yamahawk750
i think u all are bunch of wimps dont think yamaha didnt need to go bigger ever here saying go big or go home yamaha must well go home. i hope they have more problems with them than they can handle .serves them right not going bigger what i bet at least half wanted new grizzly were hoping for bigger than 700 junk junk junk .all i can say sorry . yamaha let me down big time there now more true yamaha believer than me.guess i save some money wont have to buy new wheeler. just have to wait another 3-4 maybe 5 years for they finally go bigger till i finally buy another 4 wheeler again cause i wont buy another brand even though the can am 800 renegade impresses me which yamaha will lose customers to the big renegade just remember go big or go home
Buy one and get it bored.

Old 06-27-2006, 03:51 PM
Trailblazer

I don't think yamaha has made a mistake with this machine at all. Everyone knows you don't need more than a 700cc machine, so do the people at Yamaha. That is why they are not chasing the " Most power " title. They took an already proven machine and made it even better. If any manufacturer wanted the title they could build the biggest machine but the market of buyers for machines that big is small and it is not wirth it to most manufactures to go after. Lets face it most people don't need a machine any bigger than this, and most people who own grizzlys already are happy with their machines. They just wanted EFI and a few other upgrades and thats what they got. I'd like to see them build something like the renegade, that market is wide open. If thats the kind of power you want then that is the class of machine to be shopping for.

Old 06-27-2006, 06:07 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: yamahawk750
yea i spent more money last 8 years on wheelers than u can imagine id say just guessing low guess at least 75000 so there u go mouth
In other words this guy has made $75000 in the last 8 years. Congratulations jackass

Old 06-27-2006, 08:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Scooter86
The power steering is cool....but that's about it and I wouldn't buy it for power steering. IT NEEDED A V-TWIN!!! I have a King Quad (695cc)and a power upgrade would be nice to me already, If I went with the new Grizz(686cc) I'd be going down in power.
Are you SURE it has less power than the KQ? That 686 seems pretty stout from what I have seen. I have a feeling the new Grizz will have plenty of power, probably not as much as the 800 Outy, but it should still fly.
The new grizz should be plenty powerful, but he is right. Its probably similar to KQ 700EFI, like AC put in their new 700, and it cant beat a 650 Vtwin. (experience) I think Grizzly is an awesome machine, but i also hope for a V-Twin from Arctic Cat as well.

Old 06-27-2006, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Scooter86
What? You mean you've seen it in action.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]...No I'm not positive the KQ's power is better-- but I don't see how it could have ANY more than the King Quad when they both weigh the same and the Grizz is less cc's. ATV scene said it's powerband was like the KQ's not more or they would've said that, and that it has a lag from take off.

Old 06-28-2006, 12:13 AM
Pro Rider
Reconranger (automatics are for sissies)!

I have always been a loyal Yamaha fan but the fact all the utes are named Grizzly or big bear is sort of insulting to me. I guess they figure we can't remember any more than two names. I also think they need to adress the need for a manual that isn't just "granny" geared for those of use that like manuals. I've had Yammy's for 14 years now but I'm afraid the Bomb or the Suzuki's now have my business.
Buck

Old 06-28-2006, 12:49 AM
Pro Rider

It's my suspicion that we will see the Kodiak again but revamped as a big bore (Kodiak bears tend to be larger than grizzlies anyway). [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Congrats to Yamaha!!!