Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

What did YOU want to see come out of the Yamaha Stables for 2007??

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 07:42 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What did YOU want to see come out of the Yamaha Stables for 2007??

Here's what I really would've liked to see....

1. A new Blaster 4 stoke. Even if it was an exact copy of the Z250, it would've been nice to have an entry level sport quad.

2. A 2-up quad. Maybe even a less expensive one than Arctic Cat, Can Am, or Polaris by offering a 2 wheel drive version.

3. A 5-speed auto clutch version of the Wolverine 450. I like that they give consumers a choice of transmissions with the new Big Bear, why not do that with the Wolverine and quiet down some of the naysayers and make it a little sportier.

Don't care about fuel injected quads with power steering. Nowhere near being able to afford one.

Old 07-01-2006, 11:38 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: LarryHagmansLiver
Here's what I really would've liked to see....

1. A new Blaster 4 stoke. Even if it was an exact copy of the Z250, it would've been nice to have an entry level sport quad.

2. A 2-up quad. Maybe even a less expensive one than Arctic Cat, Can Am, or Polaris by offering a 2 wheel drive version.

3. A 5-speed auto clutch version of the Wolverine 450. I like that they give consumers a choice of transmissions with the new Big Bear, why not do that with the Wolverine and quiet down some of the naysayers and make it a little sportier.

Don't care about fuel injected quads with power steering. Nowhere near being able to afford one.
yea dude i dont know where people get all this money from lol im 14, all of my friends just sit arounnd and smoke cauz all of their parents are rich and just give them like hundreds of dollars at a time and im clean but my parents dont have any money they work really hard they are very blue collar, so i work 4 times a week makin 8 bucks an hour 9 hours a day and it adds up but i still cant afford power steering lol.

Hey i think next year will be the most changes for yamaha, now that the 700 is like kind of not new they are gonna be pumping more and more power out of it, no more banshee so hell they have to do something their we all know yamaha, and i swear to god they better do something with that raptor 350, I think Yamaha has to claim the best all around sport quad title, currently i think i can speak for everyone when i say the z400 is the best all around, how about yamaha makes the raptor 350's steering radius a lot higher and only make it a tad bit bigger, at least 30 more cc's, make it a 4 or 5 valve, bigger carb, liquid cooled or at least please god oil cooled. I dont know i guess yamaha has a lot of thinking to do.
Sorry if i got of topic its a habit. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-02-2006, 01:43 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It would be cool if they made a 250 blaster 2-stroke to go against the old hondas and suzukis.
And a yfz 500 would be crazy, too.

Old 07-02-2006, 04:09 AM
Range Rover

I always hear all this talk about manufacturers not making amazing quads and pumping out some real HP #'s, b/c someone would kill themselves, or they don't want to have lawsuites and all this other crap. Yamaha makes the R1 thats over 150 HP and 998cc, 4cyl. apex sleds, same engine, waverunners, 160HP, is it too much to ask for a 500 making 80HP in a quad, they make all these other machines people die on but they can't make a real quad, whats the deal, i say they put that 500 phazer engine in a quad, and lets say it still puts out 80HP in a quad, and yamaha sells a pile of em, theres still gonna be a ton more people dying on R1's in a year that on one of these quads, so why don't they make one?

Old 07-02-2006, 03:55 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah i agree with the entry lvl quad to replace the blaster..Although it and the banshee really aren't gone..The 2007 blaster and Banshee are available in canada [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 07-02-2006, 10:16 PM
Trailblazer

As successful as the 700R raptor has been in sales and dependability, I am amazed that Yammy didn't slap an EFI 700 or larger in the Rhino. Pisses me off. I would buy a 2007 Rhino if it had the EFI. I'll look for another solution now.

Old 07-02-2006, 10:34 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Yami450D
I always hear all this talk about manufacturers not making amazing quads and pumping out some real HP #'s, b/c someone would kill themselves, or they don't want to have lawsuites and all this other crap. Yamaha makes the R1 thats over 150 HP and 998cc, 4cyl. apex sleds, same engine, waverunners, 160HP, is it too much to ask for a 500 making 80HP in a quad, they make all these other machines people die on but they can't make a real quad, whats the deal, i say they put that 500 phazer engine in a quad, and lets say it still puts out 80HP in a quad, and yamaha sells a pile of em, theres still gonna be a ton more people dying on R1's in a year that on one of these quads, so why don't they make one?
Hell yeah, I ride my quad for a thrill the faster and more power it has the better, I still have to pipe and chip my 700 but I will still only have around 50hp. All these softies that are carying on about quads being Dangerous if they have more hp just chill out. Get on your ute quads and putter around your farm thats fine with me. More power = more fun [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I say. Good point about the R1's killing people and snowmobiles if they get the phazer why cant we? I guess the market pushes the manufacturer.

Old 07-03-2006, 01:32 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Originally posted by: Tripleshot
As successful as the 700R raptor has been in sales and dependability, I am amazed that Yammy didn't slap an EFI 700 or larger in the Rhino. Pisses me off. I would buy a 2007 Rhino if it had the EFI. I'll look for another solution now.
Same boat as im in.. Im lookin to get one.. But No EFI i dunno that i want a carburated model. But i still may just get one.. and in 5 years get a newer one.

Old 07-03-2006, 08:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: lethaface
Yeah i agree with the entry lvl quad to replace the blaster..Although it and the banshee really aren't gone..The 2007 blaster and Banshee are available in canada [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
Yeah thats dumb, isnt it? The 07' blaster and banshee are there in canada but not here. And
they did that w/ the kawasaki kx125 too.

Old 07-04-2006, 12:08 PM
Pro Rider

a YFZ250 would be pretty cool too. That's a pretty stout engine. Put it in a YFZ450 frame, knock the price down 1000 bux or more, and you have an instant winner, and a new class for racing

Quick Reply: What did YOU want to see come out of the Yamaha Stables for 2007??