Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

it does not come out the light diff.lock. does not happen of 35kmh grizzly 660

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 09:08 PM
2TV
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default it does not come out the light diff.lock. does not happen of 35kmh grizzly 660

I had 3 years of Spanish in High School but that was a loooong time ago. I can read a lot of what you are saying though. Someone is welcome to jump in here and post a word for word translation of his post. I have a friend who can do that but he's not available at this time but probably will be later on this evening.

Sounds like your diff lock is functioning correctly in the fact that it locks and unlocks OK. However the electronics are still indicating that your diff-lock is engaged when it really isn't and this is causing the built-in speed / rev limiter to kick in.

The proper cure is to fix the problem (some sort of electrical issue that I'm not familiar with as I'm not much of a mechanic, I'd take it to the shop for something like this). However I have seen posts of techniques to bypass the rev limiter, not sure if it was on this forum or not and doing this would be another way to get around your problem. I will do some looking around later this evening to see if I can find a reference to this, in the meantime perhaps someone else with this knowledge can provide the details...

Old 06-29-2006, 09:24 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default it does not come out the light diff.lock. does not happen of 35kmh grizzly 660

2tv thanks for the help for answering when you say this evening it sounds rarely here it is 2:13 pm of the dawn. on the macanico since it a little scares me a few 2000$ sight charged from me for 2 rear shock absorbers more or less this linkage post that says that this way it comes out but I would like that someone confirms me that it should work

http://forums.atvconnection.com/Photos.cfm?ID=2503

Old 06-29-2006, 11:01 PM
2TV
Pro Rider

Ivanspain, that link you gave shows how to incorporate both a diff-lock rev limiter over-ride and a reverse rev limiter over-ride (newer Grizzly models have a button which does this). The model that the link you found was for a 2003 Grizzly. So if your Grizzly doesn't look exactly the same (following the instructions that this person provided) then you may want to do some more research before cutting wires.

The instructions that link refers to incorporates a switch that way you can only enable the over-ride when you need to use it, which is the best way to do it.

As for confirmation to whether this works or not, I do not know but the original poster sounds pretty confident that it does work OK (for the 2003 model year Grizzly that is imported to the USA anyway)...

Old 06-29-2006, 11:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

hi mine is a grizzly 660 edition special black year 2003 I hope someone to echo this that happens to you of cutting the wire of white and I do it I good friend go away to sleep that here it is already much late then them 13:00 hour in Spain enter I hope we extract a solution thank you and a greeting

Old 06-29-2006, 11:25 PM
2TV
Pro Rider

If your setup looks the same as the one in the link that you provided, I'd say give it a try. Be sure your ignition is off and you probably should disconnect your battery before you cut the wire. Be prepared to splice the wire back together if it doesn't work though!

Update: I found a different reference on another site (for an '02 Grizzly) and it looks the same as the link you found. See the photo here.

Old 06-30-2006, 01:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

ok. if I believe that removing the white cable of the cdi the limitation is solved, I hope someone says something to us about the forum that there I throw my my greetings

Old 06-30-2006, 01:49 PM
2TV
Pro Rider

From what I understood from reading those links you may still get a blinking light (a blinking reverse light) when the wire is cut. This is likely some form of diagnostic code indicating that something is wrong. However you will have bypassed your rev limiter on the diff lock...

Old 06-30-2006, 02:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

hello .. not the light diff lock red always remains burning as if the diff lock is activated, but the function of blockade is not activated of distinguishing it works well. the prolema is that the bear is always as activated it does not go any more than 35 kmh

Old 06-30-2006, 02:31 PM
2TV
Pro Rider

Yes, that is what cutting the wire is supposed to do - it disables the rev limiter (even if the diff lock is activated)...

Old 06-30-2006, 02:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

ok thank you tomorrow I will do it and I comment to you that such I hope arrangement like that the mistake thank you very much for the help 2TV

Quick Reply: it does not come out the light diff.lock. does not happen of 35kmh grizzly 660