Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

BAD DAY

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 06:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BAD DAY

Well, i went out and got some new tires, razr2's i might add, and some handlebars and i have some ac racing pro peg nerf bars on order. I get home and get my tires put on and the bars, i got to put my grips on and i got the wrong ones. I got dirtbike grips, the right one was too big. I didnt mind too much, i went and rode and after about a half hour, my chain just ripped off the bike. The masterlink was gone somewhere and the chain flung on the ground near the quad. A 100 DOLLAR D.I.D RACING CHAIN RIPS OFF THE BIKE. I had trouble with that chain ever since we got it, from putting the chain on the bike, the damn masterlink would never clip in far enough that the grooves would show and you could put the little clippy on there. And we had to work our asses off to get it on. I hate that chain.

Old 06-30-2006, 07:28 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BAD DAY

If you would have bought a 10 dollar chain press with that "100 dollar" chain you wouldn't have had that problem. It's not the chain's fault you dont know how to install it. And you need to find a new place to buy parts, the most expensive DID I ever got from a dealer was 80 bucks.

Old 06-30-2006, 07:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default BAD DAY

Originally posted by: maddog56
If you would have bought a 10 dollar chain press with that "100 dollar" chain you wouldn't have had that problem. It's not the chain's fault you dont know how to install it. And you need to find a new place to buy parts, the most expensive DID I ever got from a dealer was 80 bucks.
Agreed 100%

Old 06-30-2006, 07:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default BAD DAY

theres alot of tools for alot of different jobs on a quad you gotta buy to do it right, if you do it yourself, but you can only use that tool for that one job. like a chain press tool or a chain breaker tool or a cable loober. But you just gotta get the tool to do it right.

steve

Old 06-30-2006, 09:24 PM
Range Rover
Default BAD DAY

I would have to agree they ripped you off that is 20 bucks over the original price. Unless you have an extended swing arm or something. Usually those chains are really reliable and they hardly ever F@ck up.

Old 06-30-2006, 10:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default BAD DAY

Originally posted by: fasterthanyou22
Well, i went out and got some new tires, razr2's i might add, and some handlebars and i have some ac racing pro peg nerf bars on order. I get home and get my tires put on and the bars, i got to put my grips on and i got the wrong ones. I got dirtbike grips, the right one was too big. I didnt mind too much, i went and rode and after about a half hour, my chain just ripped off the bike. The masterlink was gone somewhere and the chain flung on the ground near the quad. A 100 DOLLAR D.I.D RACING CHAIN RIPS OFF THE BIKE. I had trouble with that chain ever since we got it, from putting the chain on the bike, the damn masterlink would never clip in far enough that the grooves would show and you could put the little clippy on there. And we had to work our asses off to get it on. I hate that chain.
Well, that day just sucked!

Old 07-01-2006, 02:16 PM
Pro Rider
Default BAD DAY

We used a chain press dumbass...the master link would not clip together!!! We also used vice grips on each end of the link and pressed as hard as we could on it, and it would not go together. It is in fact the chains fault.

Old 07-01-2006, 02:21 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BAD DAY

Namecalling eh?

A rider with some common sense would never ride a bike that has a partially hooked masterlink. If you couldn't get the link on you should have removed one set of o-rings on the link so that at least it would be on there all the way.

Old 07-01-2006, 03:06 PM
Pro Rider
Default BAD DAY

It wasnt partially hooked, we got it on there but it was hard as hell to get it on there, and we got it to clip on but there was a lot of tension. I wouldnt ride a completley defected chain.

Old 07-01-2006, 04:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default BAD DAY

Ya know, I have ridden a few miles with one set of o-rings out of a new chaiin like maddog stated. Usually doesn't take long and the link is worn in, allowing you to get the other o-rings on as well with less drama. If there was that much extra tension on the clip, it probably wasn't together 100% properly. Sorry, but I wouldn't have ridden it in the condition you are claiming. Hopefully you can get a new masterlink and ride hard[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]