Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

the best full system exaust for Rap. 660

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 08:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the best full system exaust for Rap. 660

Hands down, Looney Tune Duals.
Gots to disagree on that one..When it comes to Duals.. I would go with Barker.... Or what i have CrayCraft Drag Pipes...

Old 07-12-2006, 10:32 PM
Trailblazer

Do you have sound clip of your drag pipes? I could only imagine how loud it is.

Old 07-12-2006, 10:38 PM
Pro Rider

LOL its not that bad..But its not like im trail riding with it.. lol.. she goes 300 foot and i shut her off...I will see if i can get you a sound clip on here...

Old 07-12-2006, 10:59 PM
Range Rover

Go ahead disagree.

So you have had drag pipes on your bike for about two weeks now your qualified to dispense Raptor exhaust perscriptions?

Every one of the single pipes listed in this thread are louder than the barkers or LTEs. All of the methods used to reduce noise by the single muffler manufacturers listed also restrict power.

The LTE dual muffler pipes come with quiet core inserts that virtue of having the twin mufflers flow more than the singles at the same db level.

Most people won't put up with the heat from the barkers that run outside the frame. I mostly go to the Glamis Sand Dunes and ride for a couple of hours on each ride and I find the small difference in power not worth the trade off.

The drag pipes are extremely loud.

The LTEs complment stock builds and still can support builds producing well 65 hosepower.

Your bike must produce more than that because you made the move to drag pipes?

CRR

Old 07-12-2006, 11:21 PM
Pro Rider

So you have had drag pipes on your bike for about two weeks now your qualified to dispense Raptor exhaust perscriptions?
Every one of the single pipes listed in this thread are louder than the barkers or LTEs. All of the methods used to reduce noise by the single muffler manufacturers listed also restrict power.
The LTE dual muffler pipes come with quiet core inserts that virtue of having the twin mufflers flow more than the singles at the same db level.
Most people won't put up with the heat from the barkers that run outside the frame. I mostly go to the Glamis Sand Dunes and ride for a couple of hours on each ride and I find the small difference in power not worth the trade off.
The drag pipes are extremely loud
The LTEs complment stock builds and still can support builds producing well 65 hosepower.
Well we disagree...Big Deal...We both have been in this game awhile...I was saying what i think are the best exhaust for a rappy and you did the same...and we disagree..Thats what makes this forum fun...I was not saying anything bad about the LTEs...And if you cant stand the heat of barkers run LTEs.. I just dont know why me disagreeing with you got you pissed??
He!! let the kid get what ever he wants..He!! i dunno what im even talking about..Im Just a Dumba$$ with a slow *** raptor..

Old 07-12-2006, 11:36 PM
Pro Rider

Barkers are the best, hands down, Dyno proven

and if they were not the best TIm wouln't make them, they are the best the just cost alot

Old 07-12-2006, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider

I have the LTE on my 690 Raptor and i am pleased with the performance.The LTE is a mid range to top end pipe because it flows much better than the single pipes out there.I dont know about the Barker duals because i have not seen any yet but they sound like a good choice as well.The LTE can be made very quiet with the quiet cores installed and can still give good performance but not quite as good as without.I dont know of any pipe other than the LTE or possibly the Barkers (if a quiet core is available)that can get close to 94-98 decibels but i have heard that the LTE with quiet cores is about 93.

Old 07-12-2006, 11:46 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: CoyoteRiverRaptor
Go ahead disagree.

The drag pipes are extremely loud.

CRR

Seeing how i have 2 raptors with barkers i feel i am qualified to dispence raptor exhaust information.Let me tell you about LTE'S vrs Barkers . For the money you spend it would be worth more to get a better pipe than yours. And as far as leg burning i have yet to burn mine. They take a little to get used to but once you do no problem.I have rode identical build one with each dual and in imo there is a big diff. To say there is not would be a lie.

Old 07-13-2006, 12:17 AM
Range Rover

what is the site for barkers?

Old 07-13-2006, 12:54 AM
Range Rover

any comments on this system???? http://www.trinityracing.com/product...60exhaust.html

Quick Reply: the best full system exaust for Rap. 660