Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the best full system exaust for Rap. 660

I would go with that yoshi or dat CT or dat sparks I guess

Old 07-14-2006, 09:50 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did any of you "chest thumpers" read the post? He's asking for a quiet system that makes good hp and doesn't cost too much, not the biggest baddest loudest thing you can think of.

Some people have a hard-on for the barker pipes, so much so that they're continually being suggested for use on a stock recreational bike. When did out of the frame near-drag pipes become run of the mill trail equipment? And if any of you have used the quiet cores in those pipes, which are necessary to ride on many public lands (spark arrestors) and pass noise restrictions you'll soon realize that a great deal of your power advantage is lost.

LTE makes nice pipes, but they're expensive and while quieter than the barkers, still give up significant power to get them down to acceptable noise levels. Granted it's not as bad as some of the singles out there. But these too are 600-700 bucks, and like the barkers really should only be considered by people with future internal modifications in mind, money to spare for the incremental increases in hp (on a stock machine), or just can't resist the look.

IMO this member would be best off with a yoshimura, one that RM continually sells for well under 400 bucks. They perform quite well, don't get too loud, and look great.

Old 07-15-2006, 12:15 AM
Range Rover

mad, I have the Yoshi in both carbon fiber and ti in my garage. I just gave my nephew my old Big Gun system for his 660 because he could never get his bike jetted to respond to the quiet core muffler.

They are extremely loud. I bought the inserts seperately from Yoshi to quiet them down. The inserts corked them up so bad that the power production suffered.

I truely believe that the LTEs are a growth system that can support more power as you mod up. The hit you take when you put the quiet core in the LTEs is small in comparison and the bike could be ridden in Oregon if you choose to. And the quiet cores are included along with the needles and jets. Granted the jetting won't be perfect for every setup but the bike could be ridden without concern the motor being to lean.

The LTEs resale value is very good. The Yohsi pipes (even the stainless) aren't exactly cheap and don't have near the resale value of the LTEs.

My 760 takes a small hit because I use the LTEs over the barkers and the shop is continually trying to get me to put the Barkers on my bike.

The bike also seemed to vibrate more when I had the single exhaust on it.

Yea, I read his post. Most of the above was already stated in my previous posts to this thread. I just gave a little more detail this time.

PS - My bike has also had the sparks system, the barkers (more than once) and drag pipes on it. Every dyno run is stored in the computer at the shop.

I apologize if anyone was offended, My recommendation, LTEs - hands down.

CRR

Old 07-15-2006, 12:26 AM
Range Rover

where can i look at the LTEs

Old 07-15-2006, 12:29 AM
Elite Pro Rider

My experience with yoshimura is different then. We (racing/riding group) currently have one on an internally stock 02 and with the tec kit it's quieter than any other pipe we've run and performs very well when compared to other piped raps. It outperforms the FMF, runs very close to the CT, and quieter than the barkers by a long shot. I agree with you that the LTE's are excellent pipes, that they are a better choice than the barkers for most, and are still very powerful with quiet cores installed. I simply, based on the cost concern, cannot recommend he spend almost twice as much on the LTEs.

Old 07-15-2006, 12:47 AM
Range Rover

Don't get me wrong, I really like the build quality of the Yoshi. In fact the stock 05 Z400 with a Ti Yoshi in my garage is louder than my 760 Raptor with LTEs.

The LT-R450 with the Ti Yoshi in my garage is even louder yet. The TECs build quality is also outstanding. I bought each one looking for a solution to the noise.

http://www.kenzcycletech.com/customerbikes.html the first pick is an old pick of my bike, after that some picks of bikes with barkers. The barkers go outside the frame rails.

http://www.lteracing.com/dualexhaust.htm

CRR

Old 07-15-2006, 02:16 AM
Pro Rider

Well if you dont want to spend a hole lot of money.. I would go with the sparks system..For around 450.00.. But the best pipes you can get for a rappy power wise and there not to loud is Barker duels..but they will run you 750.00
maddog56...This was my first post i put on this topic...And i see nothing wrong with it...These are two very good system for a rappy.. And there not very loud at all...

Im sorry if some of my other post were not to your likeing...I know i got a little out of hand on a few of them...But i was not beating my chest in know means...

Next time i post i will be more carefull on how i word my post..so im sure i dont **** anyone off....

Old 07-15-2006, 02:42 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I wasn't pissed, I was just trying to help the member out which I didn't think the LTE/Barker pissing match was doing. Sorry if I came acrossed that way.

Doyle first post recommended the sparks system, which is one of the loudest singles when equipped with the open end cap. It's also listed as 489 at the site, 549 with spark arrestor. This is a great single pipe, probably the best. But it's a stretch to pass any kind of official sound test even when corked up.

Barkers are great pipes, but I really don't see how they're the best choice for anyone doing recreational riding with an internally stock bike. Even with a modified machine, LTE's are a better choice for most recreational situations. Out of the frame pipes are not for everyone, that's why CPI makes and sells so many of their inframes despite the hp advantages possible with other out of frame offerings.

Old 07-15-2006, 01:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

I really like my set of LTE duals. Ken told me the barkers made 1-2 more HP than LTEs on the dyno, that was not a big deal to me. I decided to go with the LTE'S because the pipe was inside the frame. I dont think you could go wrong with the Barkers or LTE duals.

Quick Reply: the best full system exaust for Rap. 660