Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

UM performance products

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 12:30 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UM performance products

has anyone had any dealings with UM performance products? they sell aluminum accessories and wheel spacers among other things....i have a set of rear wheel spacers on my 660 raptor and one of the bolts got screwed up, so i am trying to contact them to get a replacement bolt but after several e-mail attempts with no reply i tried to call them for the past two weeks and only get an answering machine....so ihave left my number and message several times now with no reply.....what terrible customer service they have......well i was just wondering if anyone out there had any dealings with them, any info would be appreciated.....thanks

Old 07-12-2006, 12:39 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

i have an UM skid plate and never had a problem.... maybe they went on vacation?

Old 07-12-2006, 01:47 AM
Trailblazer

My buddy bought a UM swingarm skidplate for his 400ex and only three of the four holes lined up. The thing's pretty damn new, so I highly doubt anything is bent. Other than that, it looks like a really nice skidplate. He really likes it, but he'd like it more with four bolts in it....lol.

Old 07-12-2006, 05:52 PM
Pro Rider

my friend has had a bad experiance with these products he bought a body skid from them. we had street signs that were we cut and drilled holes and made a arms body and swinger skids. they work great i hit any thing on the trails it e a log or stump or rut they work great and hold up real good plus mine say 65 lol but the first ride on a trail we normally ride on with the skids we came back and it had hude dents and the oil drain did not line up perfect either. but yeah the street skids have scratches and some small dents but i guess tommy should have gone with the heavier skid and not try to wheeile over that stump in 3rd lol.but he went back to the street signs. lol

Old 07-12-2006, 06:50 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Yakuza
My buddy bought a UM swingarm skidplate for his 400ex and only three of the four holes lined up. The thing's pretty damn new, so I highly doubt anything is bent. Other than that, it looks like a really nice skidplate. He really likes it, but he'd like it more with four bolts in it....lol.
LOL!............I bought a UM swinger skid for my 660 and it didn't line up. You could'nt get a wrench on the front two mounting bolts because they were blocked by the bottom plate. I thought it was a POS and sent it back.

Old 07-12-2006, 06:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

well, i tried one more time today to call UM performance and someone actually called me back after i left a message......he said he would send me a replacement bolt at no charge and no shipping, so i guess maybe i shouldnt complain, but i have been trying to get ahold of someone for two weeks..........oh well , better late than never

Old 07-12-2006, 11:08 PM
Trailblazer

I have one of there over sized oil tanks on my raptor and it cracked due the the rubber bushings wearing out which was my fault for not replacing them and they replaced my tank for free without any questions at all. I think they have some of the best customer service in the industry!