Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rev limiter override

then you didn't do it right...

I've done it to an 05....

Old 07-21-2006, 12:44 AM
Pro Rider

I'll try ....wouldn't be the first thing I screwed up LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-21-2006, 09:50 AM
Pro Rider

just remember, there's 2 wires... one is Green w/ a white stripe... and the other is White w/ a green stripe...

be sure to use the right one...

Old 07-23-2006, 05:57 PM
Elite Pro Rider

As an update, I did another 05 Kodi this afternoon, and this time i paid more attention to what i did.
If you use the method described in the website i linked above, and hook the green with white stripe wire, to the green with brown dot wire (its not the most clearly maked wire, but its in the only 3 wire white connector, under the hood, under the gauge), the stock over ride button works with the reverse rev limiter from then on.
An easy check once youve run the wire...is to go key on, reverse, no need to start the motor. The reverse light will be on...press the over ride button and the reverse light goes out. This confirms the fix was done right. Put things back together and go riding.
This is probably the safest way to do the fix. If a noobie or kid gets on and rides it, the rev limiter will still be working for reverse...as long as they dont know about the override button.
To put it back to stock, when you resell....just snip the jumper wire that you intalled, and its back to all stock.

Old 09-27-2006, 01:55 PM
Pro Rider

I want to thank you hondabuster...i'm finally gonna give this a shot this weekend

Old 09-27-2006, 03:43 PM
Trailblazer

For those that have done this mod, please clarify. If I follow grizzhopper's directions for a 2005 and use the factory override button he states that the LED will no longer light up in reverse. Does this mean it will never light up in reverse, or only when the override button is pressed?

Old 09-27-2006, 04:15 PM
Pro Rider

hondabuster states "The reverse light will be on...press the over ride button and the reverse light goes out." if I am correct....

Old 09-27-2006, 04:24 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Correct. The reverse light will work, until the over ride button is pressed. Then it takes like 1/2 second for the light to go off once the button is pressed. This is your sign the reverse override is active. You can also press the button anytime while in reverse, and the limiter is gone.
I like doing it that way, so if a kid gets on and rides...the full throttle wont work in reverse, yet is there, and uses a factory button, for those of us who want it.

Old 09-27-2006, 04:30 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for clearing that up guys. I will have to do this mod now. I dont like to "hack" my machines, but this mod seems like it should have been there from the factory. This past weekend I could barely back out of a mud hole.

Old 09-30-2006, 03:29 PM
Pro Rider

Need Help! I posted pics that are up for approval.....

Hondabuster....I did not find the white three wire connecter with the colors you stated.....please have a look at my photo page when it is approved and you will see just what I found....at this time I will not move forward with the mod....seems I am running in unchartered territory[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Rev limiter override