Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Rev limiter override

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 05:01 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rev limiter override

Oh ya, Its a rats nest under that gauge package. And most of those wires dont have enough slack to get a good look at them.
In your picture 10, the light green wire..if you look closely, and maybe youll have to go a couple inches up the wire, there should be some brown dots. Not the easiest to see if youre color blind like me. They almost look like specs of dirt, but wont wipe off.
Id splice into that wire, then do the key on, reverse (engine doesnt need to be running), and while watching the reverse light, press the over ride button. The light should go out in about 1/2 second..its not gonna be instantly.
If it does..then youve got the correct wire.

Old 10-01-2006, 09:49 PM
Pro Rider

Yep...It worked !! I no longer have to sit stuck in mud.. in reverse with a sputtering quad...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

The green with white wire on the left side of the engine does NOT have a bullet syle plug as the grizzhopper site suggests...but the wire is there and running a splice to the green with brown-dot wire in the white three wire connecter under the dashpod WORKS![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] BIG THANKS!

Old 10-01-2006, 11:01 PM
Pro Rider

can you do this to a 2003 grizzly. and if so how?

Old 10-02-2006, 12:10 AM
Pro Rider

Yes...follow the grizzhopper steps from grizzhopper.com and basically splice(tap into) the green with white stripe wire and run it to ground to override reverse....install a switch if you like....

link

grizzhopper.com/02RevLimO-R.html

Old 10-02-2006, 12:23 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: squeege
Yep...It worked !! I no longer have to sit stuck in mud.. in reverse with a sputtering quad...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

The green with white wire on the left side of the engine does NOT have a bullet syle plug as the grizzhopper site suggests...but the wire is there and running a splice to the green with brown-dot wire in the white three wire connecter under the dashpod WORKS![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] BIG THANKS!
I had faith in ya, I knew you could do it.