Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor.

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2000, 09:19 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HOw much does the GYT-R Raptor pipe cost?? Did it help your bottom end power any?? and how much louder is it compared to the stock silencer?. If it is the most arrested silencer than i think it wouldn't give out as much power as sparks, big gun, fmf, or any others but of course i could be wrong.

Old 11-30-2000, 10:45 AM
Trailblazer

The GYT-R pipe is approx. $290
Reguardless of what most poeple think, exhaust systems rarely help bottom end power, rather they take some away. The trade off is that you usually make a substantial gain on top and/or mid. The GYT-R pipe DID NOT take away any bottom end. And gave a substantial mid range gain, and good top end gain.
It is a little louder than a stock YZ426F. It is definately louder than the stock pipe, even with the spark arrestor(stock pipe) out. The spark arrestor is not removable from GYT-R pipe. If you go back and reread my first post, I didn't say it was the most arrested, I said that it was the lightest(by a couple pounds) and tha it was spark arrested not the most spark arrested.
As far as which pipe is better, I could right you a book on flow dynamics and you would end up realizing that there it's a best pipe. Only a best pipe for a matched set of circumstances.
I picked the GYT-R because it looks the best(beauty is in the eye of the beholder). Because it sounds good, isn't so loud that it peirces the ears of all who surround you, is the lightest and gave a strong mid range boost(which is where I like to have the most increase).
The Big Gun gives a huge top end power increase but is so loud that you almost wouldn't want to ride it in the woods. Top end power is the least accessable.
Hopefully that one comparison helps you understand. Goodluck, Ride hard.

Old 11-30-2000, 10:51 AM
Pro Rider

I see that you are not only rich but also have the Lonestar steering stem for your Raptor. I bent mine and am looking for an aftermarket one. What's the details with the Lonestar. Is it a "Raptor" stem...Is it a complete replacement or do you have to send them your stock stem??

Old 11-30-2000, 12:47 PM
Banned

Lovmaraptor,

Can you tell me exactly how loud it is? I'm looking into purchasing the GYT-R exaust for my bike. Does the exaust give you a more all around performance gain?

Thanks

IronBear

Old 11-30-2000, 04:22 PM
Trailblazer

ccarpe1,
Yes, the steering stem is one peice w/ top clamp for big or small bar. When you order specify. No, I,m not rich. I just have a passion.Nac's is probably the best place to order one.

Old 11-30-2000, 04:24 PM
Trailblazer

Ironbear,
If you read the previous posts you will get the best answer I can give you.

Old 11-30-2000, 10:31 PM
Range Rover

gytr a arms?how much?i never heard of them. as for pipes the gytr pipe is beautiful piece of art but does not give a gain worth $300.

Old 11-30-2000, 10:51 PM
Trailblazer

The A-arms where org yam equip. strenghtened and lengthened(+1) couldn't think of anything else to call them. Yes, for the right reasons a GYT-R c.f. silencer is worth the doe. You need to read a little closer and pay attention.

Old 11-30-2000, 11:58 PM
Pro Rider

YEA IRONBEAR!!!!!Read the post will ya,lol
Just kidding I hope you get the exaust so i can hear how loud it is before I get one Im holding off for now.
We are going out to Winsor on suday to check out this new riding area.You better go and no excuses this time Call me on saturday at work,ill be their all day doing those Damm Car starters.

Old 12-03-2000, 11:51 AM
Trailblazer

CURTIS SPARKS-BEST PIPE THERE IS! WWW.SPARKSRACING.COM

Quick Reply: Raptor.