Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2000, 12:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THX for the definition.

Old 11-29-2000, 12:56 PM
Pro Rider

Heinrich Schliemann? Isn't he the self-trained, but highly successful, archaeologist who unearthed, besides ancient Troy, fragments of the True Four-Wheel Drive system?

Diogenes (not to be confused with Demosthenes, or, for that matter, Damocles)

Old 11-29-2000, 01:23 PM
Pro Rider

Eric, If you dont ride on state parks you can just keep the out of state mso and not register the quad! I bought a big from canada and I did the same just kept canadian title and didnt transfer it into a PA title. I got a brand new 99RM 250 from Canada for $4033 the only thing is that the local shops wont take a Canadian title if you go to trade it in. Plus there is no duty fee on anything 250cc or less bike wise I am not sure about quads.

Old 11-29-2000, 01:23 PM
Trailblazer

Next year the raptor will be in much greater supply just like the 400ex was in its second year.And come trade-in time your machine won't be worth any where near what you overpaid, this is just another example of poor personal finance. Sort of like buying something on sale with a credit card and then not paying the card off at the end of the month. After a while the interest adds up and you paid more than the original price for your item. How many of you do this? Credit card companies just love you guys!

As for the PT cruiser, Diamler Chrysler has plans to increase production with another assembly plant. They will soon be cranking those things out like the old K-car platform. Fact is Chrysler just lost 512 million in the third quarter and they were extremely dissapointed in the production numbers for the PT cruiser. So look for those numbers to rise. This means trade in and selling prices will go down. A friend of mine from work , green slipped a PT, drove it for a month,then sold it for $6000 more than he paid for it. I think he is still laughing at the guy who bought it!

Old 11-29-2000, 02:13 PM
Pro Rider

Ya that's probaly what I would've done. If hadn't taken a loan out? I tried to just take the title to the bank and give them the Ohio title but then they called me back and said that I have to transfer the title to a PA title. Well what can you do except throw that one under your belt and wait for the next time or should I say purchase.

Old 11-29-2000, 03:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

I think if this guy can sell it for $7500 y not.

Old 11-29-2000, 07:38 PM
Pro Rider

Yup, i think 300 bucks for a Playstation 2 is a rip off! I am not getting one yet because my graphics on my pc are better anyway, I'll wait a year when everyone has one and they cost $150.

Old 11-29-2000, 07:42 PM
Trailblazer

just sold my raptor last week for 7400. I didn't make 900 on it though. Did you forget about sales tax, how about set up, oh yea did I forget to mention delivery and freight. Think before you speak once in awhile.

Old 11-29-2000, 09:24 PM
Trailblazer

Sales tax all depends on how you bought your quad, if you bought it straight out you pay full sales tax but if you traded in something you pay tax on the difference . Regardless you pay taxes to the Gov. not to an individual (DUH) Sounds like to me YOU should THINK before you BUY! Your dealer took you for a ride. Set up, delivery and freight charges. These are additional charges for pure profit for the dealer often inflated beyond belief.
Why did you buy the hottest quad out there right now and then sell it? Was it to big for you?

Old 11-29-2000, 10:57 PM
Trailblazer

I don't know where you guys were looking on e-bay but bidding is closed on the raptor in question with 0 bids.

Quick Reply: Hope this Guy EATS his Raptor!