Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

RAPTOR 700 mapping? jetting?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 08:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RAPTOR 700 mapping? jetting?

What do i need? and where can i get what i need to jet my buddys raptor 700 efi, we want to tear the eliminate the air box and we need to map the jetting so what do i need to get

Old 08-06-2006, 09:12 PM
Pro Rider

Either a PowerCommander lll or a Dobeck TFI (there are other but it is my understanding that most others are made by these two companies with a higher price on them)

I reccomend the PC lll it has more adjustability and if you plan to do alot of mods this is the way to go, The dobeck is a fine controller and is a little cheaper.

Fuel Moto is the best place to get a PC lll IMO. They double the factory warranty, they will pre-load a map for your current set-up, and they will email you new custom maps as you add mods. I got mine in 2 days and when needed a new map got the next day after I sent them a email.

Dobecks the cheapest place ive seen is ebay

Old 08-07-2006, 12:48 AM
Trailblazer

Take advantage of some of my research. Power Commander is the software that marries to dynajet dynos. The maps that are available for download on the power commander website will match just about every set up imaginable, so that, loaded into a laptop and taken to your local favorite riding spot, will allow you to make custom changes or leave in a pre programmed map that these people have reserched and loaded already. 3 potentiometers located on the power commander allow for adjustments without the maps on a laptop. Power Commander is well worth the investment and will be on my machine as well as it is on bberck's. Check their website. They have power commanders for trucks, ATV's Mx bikes, even my Harley. You can't go wrong with this outfit. They have one heck of a good track record.

Just my humble opinion.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-16-2006, 05:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

i just bought i procircuit t-4 slip on for my 700 , do i really need a power commander?

Old 08-16-2006, 05:54 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: jimmywhispers
i just bought i procircuit t-4 slip on for my 700 , do i really need a power commander?
You need a controller (PC lll, Dobeck, ETC.) when adding mods just like you would have to rejet a quad with a carb.
The sensors on the 700 adjust for some things but it does not have a O2 sensor to compensate for mods. There are some that run a slip-on or other small mod without adding a controller but I dont reccommend it. Just a slip-on may not lean you out enough to hurt it but it isnt going to run as well. Some dealers claim to be able to make small adjustments to the stock map for adding the GYTR items but others claim they cant.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-16-2006, 05:56 PM
Trailblazer

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, But it is my understanding that when you opern up exhaust and intake with mods, the stock ECU will not compensate for the difference. That is why the aftermarket controllers are recommended. If you run too lean, you can burn up a piston, or maybe worse. Ideally, if looking for perfomance, you need to look at the whole picture. I do believe you will get a certain gain in HP from the slip on alone, but at what risk?
I am installing now a curtis sparks full exhaust and pro design K&N intake mod and power commander III USB and I will have it installed by a respectable shop and then dynoed at power commanders HQTRS. I will report back the power gain I get from this. The stock HP rating is 40 to 42 HP depending on common variables. Some get better performance than others on a stock machine. The benchamark I am looking at is 42 and gains above that from my mod will be judged from that baseline. I have less than 20 hrs on my engine. Wish me luck.

Old 08-17-2006, 02:51 AM
Pro Rider

How much does a power commander go for??

How much does the dobeck go for??

Thanks! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-17-2006, 02:21 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: 2fun
How much does a power commander go for??

How much does the dobeck go for??

Thanks! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Power Commander is like $350 Dobeck about $200. power commander maps about every combo out here and has plenty of support, Dobeck has limits to maps available. Either will work. Dobeck usaully ships to you based on the mod specs you give them or are included in the pipe set up. this is my understanding. you can get more specific info by going tot here websites. Use google. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-17-2006, 04:34 PM
Pro Rider

You can get a PC lll for $279 shipped from Fuel Moto. They will install a map for your set-up for you and will send you custom maps if you make mod changes in the future. First class place to buy from.

Dobeck Is around $180 and you can get cheaper if you keep your eyes out on ebay.

Old 08-18-2006, 03:46 AM
Pro Rider

Sweet. Thanks for the info guys! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I don't currently own a Raptor 700, but I think I may very well have one in the future, and if I do, you can bet your butt I'm going to put a pipe, aftermarket intake, and mapping computer on it!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]