Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

HELP - no throttle response

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 02:20 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP - no throttle response

i see you censored your post - how fitting. i will just leave my response alone. switch-hitter.

Old 08-11-2006, 02:56 AM
Pro Rider

you know what the problem might be it could be the controls or just the operator not sure try getting a new one

Old 08-11-2006, 02:57 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: bombrider04
good call different setup then mine...driver doyle could you give me any pointers my quad only backfires when it is being shut off and my plugs have a white tip...I have the alba racing full system with a 185 main and K&N with no airbox lid...I tried adjusting the pilot jet but it made it backfire at lower rpms and crackle
Your definetly lean... you need to bump up like Driver Doyle said. Check your plugs at idle and at open throttle. You may only need to adjust only one (pilot or main) My friend[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] has a DS and he runs a 50 pilot and a 200 main. My friend[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] also doesn't have an airbox, and has a ported intake so the jetting is higher, but for your mods what Doyle said should get you pretty close. Good Luck![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-11-2006, 03:02 AM
Pro Rider

yea this is a ds thread correct well i have all the jets up to a 200 where can i get a new pilot jet from that will help me out and i edited it this time because i am from jersey and ignorant and didn't read what doyle said to put a 190 thanksfor all your help[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-11-2006, 03:26 AM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Originally posted by: tundraotto
maybe i would have got some help if you rude jersey p*&ick would have kept your questions on your bomber forum...rude p*&ck - i appreciated the help i got before you started siphoning off your rubbish - remember: if you look up and see yamaha on the top of the topic you are in it does not mean you - you seem to ride bombardier & suzuki. thanks a bunch for your yankee help arrogant a$$. I guess I will just try figure it out myself.

So where was it that you moved to Arkansas from? Spent a day or two there in my life and no true Arkansan would flip out so easily and throw out rude and disparaging comments like Santa throws candy at a Christmas parade. My my what has become of this generation? Maybe Marine Corps bootcamp could help you out with that temper thing you have going.

Has Southern hospitality lost it's place with the youth of Arkansas? Try Paragould on for size, small town atmosphere where the stress of the big city doesn't make you attack another quad riding brother like the LAPD on Rodney King.

Lighten up dude. And Go Hogs.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Good luck with your Raptor and if you get it running strong soon please stop by Little Sahara UT on Labor Day weekend and enjoy some brotherhood. And Apple Pie.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

22 years between Little Rock, Pine Bluff, Paragould, Jonesobro, and Camden. Razorback for life.

Old 08-11-2006, 03:29 AM
Pro Rider

have fun with the raptor and good luck if you get any pics post em later tund

Old 08-11-2006, 03:33 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Originally posted by: tundraotto
went to start the 2003 rappy with a GYTR jet kit and open lid w/ yoshi pipe. fired it up today and it backfired on start, but started ok. ran it just day before yesterday and it worked fine. i have had some nephews and nieces over and wonder if the throttle has been played with quite a bit with it sitting...however - i cannot seem to get it to respond to the throttle at all - starts misfiring almost immediately as I hit the throttle - idle control is fine....how do i fix this.... are the bowls flooded - i figured that would have fixed itself???? now the thing wont rev past 2000rpm... - im sure its a simple fix, but dont want to learn as I go taking the plastics etc off to work on the carb unless i have to....
What do your plugs look like? The brake limiter idea was a good one.

Old 08-11-2006, 03:34 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Well hey Bombrider04.

How you doin'?

Any good dune spots in Jersey I should know about in case I ever make it out your way [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-11-2006, 03:44 AM
Pro Rider

all we have out here are a bunch of trees and buildings everywhere you look you don't want to come to jersey its way too built up and overpopulated...I wish we had dunes I would be at them everyday...driver really knows his stuff along with you guys and tundra if you can't figure it out give a shout

Old 08-11-2006, 03:51 AM
Range Rover

the honor of a person that utters rubbish to be later edited is really not worth my time.

ANNIHILATER - thanks for the helpful input - i will check it all out tomorrow when the kids are all awake. No sense in getting them all excited over a sputtering raptor, lol. thanks for the help.

aceisback - i am 32yo 2lt (infantry) in the army and have learned my manners the good old way from home - what i have also learned is 0 tolerance for lazies, connivers, losers and liars. I already went through bootcamp in 1996 and had as much fun as you "couldn't imagine" lol. My son has more manners than this "my fellow" quad rider, he is 2 3/4 yo . I have met a-holes and am pretty good at recognising one when i encounter one.

good day to you sir!

Quick Reply: HELP - no throttle response