Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

New stuff for my Warrior...

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New stuff for my Warrior...

Hello:

I just got a Pro Design Pro Flow filter kit and an Armadillo swingarm skid plate.
I thought I'd do a small review of both items for others who are thinking of getting thease things... check out my bio for some new pics.

First, the skid plate. My warrior was missing the stock skidplate when I got it, and I had to get one. I shopped arround some, and found the armadillo plate was a great deal. I got it yesterday and I am verry impressed with the thickness and quality of the skidplate. It bolted right on without any problems whatsoever, and looks great and protects the chain, sproket, and disk verry well. It was well worth the money. I would recomend this skidplate to anyone.

Ok, now the Pro flow kit. I got this kit for one reason, to replace the CRAPY stock "drop in" (or, as I like to call it, Fall off) air filter system. the stock design used a foam seal to connect the filter cage to the airbox, and over time, the seal would let dirt get in the engine, causeing damage. The pro flow kit uses an aluminum plentum that bolts in the airbox, and seals to it with a thick rubber O ring. The filter then clamps on the plentum like most other atvs, this makes it easy to service, and prevents air leaks. The kit was easy to install, it took about an hour from start to finish. The kit also allows you to continue to use your airbox lid, (I am still using the lid) or you can run the air box open for more airflow. Like I said, I got this kit just to address the crapy stock filter problem, but, after I installed it I noticed a BIG difference in how the quad runs. It now idles smoother than ever, and has more throttle response than it used to. I did plug checks after about four runs, and the kit did not seem to affect jetting in any way. To sum it all up, this kit is MORE THAN WORTH THE MONEY!!! I would recomend it to anyone.

Well, there it is. I hope this helps someone out. let me know what you think.

Jack.

Old 08-19-2006, 06:06 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the input, it is always appreciated here. I had nothin but probs with my stock filter on my shee, needless to say it was the first thing to go.

Old 08-19-2006, 11:05 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

actually... the only way to properly seal the filter is to put grease around the seal.... this will create a sucket and keep it sealed...
the filter really isn';t what is crappy... it's the rest of the airbox that is crappy..
also.. i didn't get that skidplate because i didn't think it'd hold up to where i ride...

Old 08-19-2006, 11:42 AM
Pro Rider

Hey speedy..Im parting out the 366 All in awesome shape from the JE 12.1 and the Stage 1 Cam..PM me if want anything..

Old 08-19-2006, 01:08 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the replys:

I forgot to mention before that when I installed the plentum in the air box, I added some silicone RTV sealant to both sides of the O ring to help it seal even better.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Speedy2222.... You are right about the grease. I did that to my stocker until I installed the pro flow kit. It just scares me that something will happen to the crapy stock system and let dirt get in, and then ruin my engine. The pro Flow kit solves all the problems with the stock intake, weather it be the filter or the airbox. I don't have to worry about that anymore.

Jack

Old 08-19-2006, 01:28 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

i have actually been in the design process of creating an adapter so that you can use pretty much any clamp on filter... and it will seal with the box to creat a prefect seal...