Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Im Selling My Raptor

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 10:53 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im Selling My Raptor

What these young men don't realize is that it costs money to be the fastest, 2 or 4 stroke. While it's easier and cheaper to get 80 HP from a Banshee, a 80 HP Banshee won't win drag races. For something fast to rip around on though, Banshee is a great choice.Good luck with the sale and don't be afraid to part it out, you'll make more.

Old 08-23-2006, 11:11 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: UBETRUN
What these young men don't realize is that it costs money to be the fastest, 2 or 4 stroke. While it's easier and cheaper to get 80 HP from a Banshee, a 80 HP Banshee won't win drag races. For something fast to rip around on though, Banshee is a great choice.Good luck with the sale and don't be afraid to part it out, you'll make more.
This is very true if you are looking to compete on the drag track then you will need just as much money to compete in the 2 stroke class as in the 4 stroke class. Going to a 2 stroke you will be will be going up a class in my oppion. But if you just want to get faster than you are now and arent worried about competing on the track in your own class then good luck. Hope you make the right choice for what you are looking for.

Old 08-23-2006, 11:28 AM
Pro Rider

What these young men don't realize is that it costs money to be the fastest, 2 or 4 stroke. While it's easier and cheaper to get 80 HP from a Banshee, a 80 HP Banshee won't win drag races. For something fast to rip around on though, Banshee is a great choice.Good luck with the sale and don't be afraid to part it out, you'll make more
TextThis is very true if you are looking to compete on the drag track then you will need just as much money to compete in the 2 stroke class as in the 4 stroke class. Going to a 2 stroke you will be will be going up a class in my oppion. But if you just want to get faster than you are now and arent worried about competing on the track in your own class then good luck. Hope you make the right choice for what you are looking for.
UBET..I do realize the money thing..Trust me i do..Iv About lost my wife more than once...And Dont get me wrong i LOVE the TRALIOR PARK...there is nuttin better than a CRAYCRAFT RAPPY...And iv got nuttin but BIG Respect for you guys..Bob...Chris...Ubet...txrappy..dollarbillz..a ustinoneal...Iv had nutting but 4 strokes my hole life...And i just want to do somthing diffent...I want a 100hp banshee and thats what im going to do...I know its going to take some money..But iv already got some hide from the wife..LOL...John i just dont want yall to think im jumping ship on the trailor park....Im not....Ill just have a banshee...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-23-2006, 12:01 PM
Pro Rider

Be careful, Banshee are very addictive. And easy to work on as well.
I've seen lots of 4 mills making 100+hp. So you might want to go with a 10 mill, and make 130+hp. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-23-2006, 12:56 PM
Pro Rider

yes, thats true 2 strokes are faster due to having to only make 1/2 the revs to complete combustion, also they have fewer moving parts and are lighter. but they have their drawbacks also, and i bet you can name a few.

Old 08-28-2006, 03:42 AM
Pro Rider

i seen somebodies 686 raptor on e-bay!!! hmmm...... who's could that be??????

Old 08-28-2006, 03:43 AM
Pro Rider

hell mine might be next

Old 08-28-2006, 04:00 AM
Pro Rider

ive been doing some talking to jeff at f.a.s.t, that all i can say. im trying to put a little $ aside. i did finally order his f.a.s.t clutch kit the other day. it sounds like he's working on some sick bikes right now.

Old 08-28-2006, 11:22 AM
Pro Rider

hell mine might be next
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

i seen somebodies 686 raptor on e-bay!!! hmmm...... who's could that be??????
<edited by ATV Connection Moderator>

Old 08-28-2006, 11:53 AM
Pro Rider

no chain with it eh? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Im Selling My Raptor