Old 09-14-2006, 10:55 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alba Action Sports=Crooks\Amatuers

Originally posted by: SpeedDemon13
Originally posted by: 18inches
why don't you two just whip it out and see whose is bigger.
well it sounds like you would win with a whopping 18 inches, not fair lol
man oh man [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Awww The yamaha forum..

G700.. I Feel for you in your bad experience with these guys.. Its hard to get what you pay for anymore.. if you lived up north Id Tell you to Hook up with RaptorRandy... He knows some stuff about the FI and could build you a map on the dyno.. I can understand why you would wanna take it to someone who supposably knows what they are doin.. As I wouldnt want to smoke my motor after i just built that turbo system for it..

Good luck gettin it all fixed up man.

I'm thinkin there is somethin in the water out in michigan..

Old 09-15-2006, 01:46 AM
Pro Rider

Its not hard. I helped my buddy program the fuel injection for his R1. And whoever the ahole is makin the snorkel jetting jokes. No i havnt rejetted my shee. But I have the R6 which most people couldnt even comprehend how to do. When you have twice the RPM range and have to jet it to be ridden almost year round it makes things a little different.

P.S. If you dont want to make the same mistake again take it to a sportbike shop. Not a quad shop.

Old 09-15-2006, 08:32 AM
DS2
Range Rover

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with Alba. I tried to purchase a 12K '06 Banshee from Alba, equipped with everything under the sun. They not only couldn't give me a shipping quote to the east coast, they never called me back. I'm glad I didn't deal with Alba, as you aren't the first person to be disappointed by them.

As for JLSparky7's comments, he must not have any money to get work done on his machine (where's the Cheetah kit? ROFLMFAO...TORS removed, e-block off, grips...real technical). These types always have to be more resourceful. I worked for the phone company for 15 years and can tell you more about networking, switches, routing, etc. than most. I have to assume that most people don't have a clue how their calls route/complete...I guess according to Sparky, people shouldn't have a phone. I build computers for people as a hobby...I guess according to Sparky, these people shouldn't have a computer. I can go on , but I believe I've made my point. Go to Bansheehq.com if you want to find out what you really don't know about your Shee.

P.S.- congrats Glamis700 on the turbo mod. That's not something most people can do.

Old 09-15-2006, 08:55 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: dirthead
If you cant do your own work you shouldnt have a quad
Thats a real ignorant statement.

I agree that this is the most ignorant thing to say, as well as all the other smarta$$ comments. The guy is posting of his bad experience with a shotty shop.

As for tuning an EFI motor, some of you may think you're good but a bikes PCM is easy compared to a car. It has no MAF so it's speed density tuning which relies on a MAP, it's fuel and timing parameters are relatively easy to graph, Try doing it with 8 cylinders. And any FI (forced induction) system requires a custom OS. which is quite hard to get right to begin with. Congrats to the few of you that can tune your own motors. But I bet if you were to desktop tune and dyno tune, you would find out how far off your desktop tune is. Now, If you do for a living, you're probably close but not perfect, which he was trying to achieve.

So bottom line is, He likes to ride, have a fast quad, etc, etc. There's nothing wrong with him trying to learn as he goes. But I guess for you know-it-alls, you came out of the slit knowing how to tune a motor. LOSERS!!!

Dynos are @ $15k for a bike and $25k for a car chassis dyno, not including the install in the shop. Wait, let me just crap one out and throw it in my Barn in Beverly Hills.

Instead af bashing the guy, HELP HIM!!! Maybe recommend another shop that may be within a decent driving distance.

Old 09-15-2006, 09:00 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
Originally posted by: SpeedDemon13
Originally posted by: 18inches
why don't you two just whip it out and see whose is bigger.
well it sounds like you would win with a whopping 18 inches, not fair lol
man oh man [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Awww The yamaha forum..

G700.. I Feel for you in your bad experience with these guys.. Its hard to get what you pay for anymore.. if you lived up north Id Tell you to Hook up with RaptorRandy... He knows some stuff about the FI and could build you a map on the dyno.. I can understand why you would wanna take it to someone who supposably knows what they are doin.. As I wouldnt want to smoke my motor after i just built that turbo system for it..

Good luck gettin it all fixed up man.

I'm thinkin there is somethin in the water out in michigan..
Not EVERYONE form MIchigan is a jerk.