Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

rate a 660 raptor from 1-10?????

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 11:51 PM
Pro Rider
I ride a little here and there......
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rate a 660 raptor from 1-10?????

First off they are to tall for how skinny they are, they have two carbs to mess with as stated, they dont have good shocks...but most stock atvs dont..and the older ones have tranny trouble aswell as some of the new ones...and there axles are weak to what "I" have seen. Overall i would give them a 6.5-7 all around some nice points some not nice points about them as of most quads. As for the rappy being faster than a ds....i can say exactly the oposite of what you are saying pballbanshee....i guess we have raced and had very different results...but for all the flat drags ive raced i havent been overcome by a rappy with around the same mods as my ds.

Old 09-21-2006, 12:19 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: paintballbanshee
ok ummm my raptor BLOWS THE DOORS off of a piped and jetted 400.. Maybe ur carbs were not jetted right dude. and also i will argue all day the 660 has more torque, if you do not beleive me i recall also reading that in dirtwheels or something like that.. I think at least. I know for sure though the 660 has more torque though.

LOL!......Goof Ball Banshee, I don't have to read Dirtwheels cause (again) I've had both. The 700 clearly has MORE torque. I've gone UP on my 700's front sprocket and it's actually faster (excellerating) than with its stock gearing. Thats something I sure as heck wouldn't do with a 660................Now thats TORQUE!!!!!!!!

Old 09-21-2006, 07:52 AM
Pro Rider

I DIRECTLY SAID I AM ONLY FASTER THAN DS' AND BANSHEES BECAUSE I AM OVER 100 POUNDS LIGHTER THAN THEM. holy crap .. ozark... torque aint acceleration its the amount of puling power at a specific rpm. my god ozark you probobly have never raced a 660 with a 140 pound person on it i would beat you! im not afraid bring it on..

Old 09-21-2006, 07:59 AM
Pro Rider

my god ozark you probobly have never raced a 660 with a 140 pound person on it i would beat you! im not afraid bring it on..
Oh yeah, I have. Maybe even a little lighter and the kid was very fast plus he was a good drag racer too.

Old 09-21-2006, 12:55 PM
Pro Rider

DIRECTLY SAID I AM ONLY FASTER THAN DS' AND BANSHEES BECAUSE I AM OVER 100 POUNDS LIGHTER THAN THEM. holy crap .. ozark... torque aint acceleration its the amount of puling power at a specific rpm. my god ozark you probobly have never raced a 660 with a 140 pound person on it i would beat you! im not afraid bring it on..

paintballbanshee..The only time a little person ever got me was at Texarkana sand drags..And i only raced him ONCE....There was a guy there about my age..And we were just having a playday..well i beat his 450r..Well a few rounds later..i pulled up to the lights and i look over and it was his quad with a kid on it..that look to be around 60 lbs...well i went and he got me by a little..i got back and he took his helmet off..And he was 6 YEARS OLD..Iv got 2 boys and there 6 and 8..I got so Fukin MAD...That was too much quad for him...He was good on it..but im a father and i just know what could happen...So park my Rappy...and watch..i was waiting on his to wreck..so i could go help the little guy...I was so scared for him...and i was sooo pissed at his father...i wanted just to whoop him for putting a baby on somthing like that...

Ok paint...I know pounds make a little diffents but not as much as your saying...I think you mite be a little better rider that who your raceing...but i do think if you lined up with me or somone on my level...I would not be good for ya..And im not being mean..Im 28 years old...and iv been riding since i was 3..Plus i know how to build fast quads..Im make stockers were the are runners just buy tooning....I know you love your rappy..and im sure its fast..But there will always be somone faster than you..hell i get my *** handed to me all the time at the big races...But i win my share too...Just have fun with it...You got to think were lucky to have quads there are people out there that want what we got and dont have the money for them...Again im not picking on ya..i think your a good guy..iv read your post and your like me you like to help people...and thats a good thing...

Old 09-21-2006, 01:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wasn't the original post about rating the Raptor 660 and NOT about what other quads are better?

I actually OWNED one - unlike some people in this thread. At best it's a 7 out of 10 - even after a pipe and cam. Yes, it's torquey. Yes, it tends to wheelie when you get traction. Yes, it's top heavy, overweight, has suspension made for average Joe trail rider - not for racing. And it's narrow and tends to tip rather than turn. The carbs are fine - unless you don't know what you're doing. It's not bad at all. They can be made very fast with enough money - as can any motor if you want to spend $$$.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 09-21-2006, 02:42 PM
Pro Rider

omg... doyle i dont think your understanding this, I know im not even CLOSE to being the fastest, at all ever never never. I am just stating the facts i beat ds650's and banshees with heavy guys on them, I am pretty good at racing my father always tought me clutch when i was little and then he bought me a 5hp minibike and somehow my dad built a clutch for that when i was 10, then at 11 he bought me an 8 hp minibike with gears and a clutch. Then I got a panterra 90 to learn suspension on a dirt bike on, then i got a ttr125 yamaha, then i got a warrior then i got a raptor, so im not really experienced that much, ive only been riding quad for not even 2 years i think.. yea i think this christmas is 2 years. But im ok for my experience though, doyle i know you would woop me man i kno!! i respect you and everything im not trying to prove myself brotha

Old 09-22-2006, 10:42 AM
Pro Rider

omg... doyle i dont think your understanding this, I know im not even CLOSE to being the fastest, at all ever never never. I am just stating the facts i beat ds650's and banshees with heavy guys on them, I am pretty good at racing my father always tought me clutch when i was little and then he bought me a 5hp minibike and somehow my dad built a clutch for that when i was 10, then at 11 he bought me an 8 hp minibike with gears and a clutch. Then I got a panterra 90 to learn suspension on a dirt bike on, then i got a ttr125 yamaha, then i got a warrior then i got a raptor, so im not really experienced that much, ive only been riding quad for not even 2 years i think.. yea i think this christmas is 2 years. But im ok for my experience though, doyle i know you would woop me man i kno!! i respect you and everything im not trying to prove myself brotha

Hey GOOF ball banshhe..werent you also the same kid that claimed that you owned a Quadzilla too?

Then got banned from the forums cause someone found your pic in your profile, that you claimed it was your uncle on your quadzilla..when in fact it wasnt?

soooo..let me get this right..now you claim to have a raptor and a warrior...
:confused

Old 09-22-2006, 11:38 AM
Pro Rider

For me the Raptor is just about perfect, I ride woods, hills, sand, fire roads and have never been dissapointed other than at extremely high elevations (the 700R obviously fixes that problem). I wouldn't trade my 660 for anything... except a 700R.

Old 09-22-2006, 03:05 PM
Pro Rider

yea i do own 2 quads, hey heetseeker shut the F@#$ up i did nothing to u, guys im not even arguing wit you leave me alone shut the frig up

Quick Reply: rate a 660 raptor from 1-10?????