Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

My Warrior is running like A$$, I need some help.

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 01:43 AM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Warrior is running like A$$, I need some help.

Seems to me like i just cut the wires on it.. But man its been about 7 years since i did it I can't really remember.. But im thinkin i remember a the wires just hangin there when i was workin on one of them the other day. I have the mystry problem with my one warrior.. it don't idle or start.. But if you push start it and keep it runnin.. it rips for a warrior.

Old 09-29-2006, 11:13 AM
Pro Rider

I really think you got a crack in your carb boot...But you need to check your exhaust up on your head..If it is loose and letting in air..it will backfire bad..If it was your parking brake...It should not let you rev the motor up much at all..Thats how mine was..It only took once for me..and i took mine off..

Old 09-29-2006, 05:19 PM
Pro Rider

I already checked the boot because it seemed like a leak to me also. I found a couple punctures from wrench were you wrench the nuts off from the carburetor, but I don't think that they go all the way through. I put some rtv sealant over the punctures just in case and the quad didn't run any differently. However I am not ruling the boot totally out. Just didn't seem to be anything wrong with it.

What is this Parking brake problem that you guys mention? How do I check to make sure that it isn't that. i didn't even know that there were wires unning to the parking brake. What are they for.

Old 09-29-2006, 05:47 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

easy way to test for a leak in the boot is to spray some ether around it.. if the bike revs up.. she's a leaker...

the parking brake limiter is a little plunger style switch that seems to mess up on most warriors and cause headaches.. it located on the clutch perch. I removed that and the parking brake cable and installed a parking brake block off on both warriors and my crappy.whats the point of a parking brake on a manual transmission quad?

Old 09-29-2006, 05:56 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

it's not the parking brake... you wouldn't even get off idle if it was the PB...

Old 10-06-2006, 08:30 PM
Pro Rider

I'm still having problems. I sprayed ether around the carb intake boot and it didn't rev up. I really don't think that there is any leak there. The exhaust might be leaking slightly but not enough to cause my problem. I've been fighting exhaust leaks for years with this quad because the header studs snapped off. The exhaust is probably tighter now than its been in a long time. I'm running out of ideas.
What are the symptoms for a CDI gone bad.

Old 10-06-2006, 11:33 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: CrazyWhiteDude
I'm still having problems. I sprayed ether around the carb intake boot and it didn't rev up. I really don't think that there is any leak there. The exhaust might be leaking slightly but not enough to cause my problem. I've been fighting exhaust leaks for years with this quad because the header studs snapped off. The exhaust is probably tighter now than its been in a long time. I'm running out of ideas.
What are the symptoms for a CDI gone bad.
somthing is proly shorting out el. i had that problem with my quad.

Old 10-07-2006, 01:12 PM
Pro Rider

cwd ...im having the exact same probs with my wolverine. i replaced the boot first..nope. rejetted and cleaned carb...nope.replaced ignition coil......nope.runs like a champ until the motor is hot......then it wont rev.sputtering and missing.i checked the timing marks,tensioner,compression, float level,tested the stator and coils with meter(doesnt mean they are good though),must be cdi or stator or pickup coil?keep me posted on this thread.

Old 10-07-2006, 01:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 86250rrider
cwd ...im having the exact same probs with my wolverine. i replaced the boot first..nope. rejetted and cleaned carb...nope.replaced ignition coil......nope.runs like a champ until the motor is hot......then it wont rev.sputtering and missing.i checked the timing marks,tensioner,compression, float level,tested the stator and coils with meter(doesnt mean they are good though),must be cdi or stator or pickup coil?keep me posted on this thread.
When was the last time you adjusted the valves?

Old 10-07-2006, 01:56 PM
Pro Rider

about a month ago.sorry..forgot to list that too! i also cleaned out tank and replaced filter and fuel line. any other ideas other than selling it ?

Quick Reply: My Warrior is running like A$$, I need some help.