Default 700r pipe shootout ........

Look's like dr.d took 1st place700r pipe shootout

Old 10-01-2006, 05:17 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by: ds650ctracing
Very interesting read! I am thinking about picking up one of these Rappy 700's in the future, and this kind of information is always good to see!

Thanks for posting this! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-01-2006, 10:12 PM
Trailblazer

wooooHoooooo!!! Check it out. I have the highest performance set up. I have been telling people that for months. Difference is I'm set up with power commander III. I am very satisfied, and my riding is dune riding. I have the add on spark arrester and silencer sitting on the shelf and only put it on to ride trails in the very dry mountains here, but dune riding with the open 100+ db , no problem in the sand. Ever hear a banshee, or vette powered sand rail? We don't worry about decibals in the dunes. We worry about surviving some hard core 100 ft + air jumps and bowl rides at top gear. Adrenilen junkies love it!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-02-2006, 12:14 AM
Pro Rider

Looks like they left out the best controller and pipe combo over the broadest range. The LTE's make better HP over a broader range as well as pull to a much higer RPM. Don't believe me? Contact Mark at Kenz cycle tech and ask him his results on their dyno test. They sell both the DR.D and the LTE's Don't get me wrong the Dr. D is one of the best singles out there but they never seem to test the best pipes in these shoot outs.

They never even ask Loony tuned exhaust to send them a pipe. Guess they don't advertise in their magazine[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 10-02-2006, 03:54 AM
Pro Rider

They also used the HMF quiet series the sport and ballance are even better

Old 10-02-2006, 04:37 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: RaptorRandy27
Looks like they left out the best controller and pipe combo over the broadest range. The LTE's make better HP over a broader range as well as pull to a much higer RPM. Don't believe me? Contact Mark at Kenz cycle tech and ask him his results on their dyno test. They sell both the DR.D and the LTE's Don't get me wrong the Dr. D is one of the best singles out there but they never seem to test the best pipes in these shoot outs.

They never even ask Loony tuned exhaust to send them a pipe. Guess they don't advertise in their magazine[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Agreed - the LTE's own the others tested. Guess most don't think dual when thinking exhaust...?

Old 10-02-2006, 05:32 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: azdave

Agreed - the LTE's own the others tested. Guess most don't think dual when thinking exhaust...?

I guess not, I don't put a whole lot of stock in any of the shootouts in those magazines, I believee ones who spend the most on advertising with them come out on top [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-02-2006, 05:35 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 2fun
Very interesting read! I am thinking about picking up one of these Rappy 700's in the future, and this kind of information is always good to see!

2fun, you will have to take a spin on my 700R now, it's not the same bike you rode at florence last Oct. The LTE's and custom dyno tuned map made a world of difference. It flat rips for a bolt on duner now.

Old 10-03-2006, 04:14 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 2fun

2fun, you will have to take a spin on my 700R now, it's not the same bike you rode at florence last Oct. The LTE's and custom dyno tuned map made a world of difference. It flat rips for a bolt on duner now.
Randy,
I'd love to try it out again some time! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Sounds like it is a fair amount faster than last time!
How do the LTEs do on sound?? I won't go with a silencer/pipe if it won't pass the sound check. Been there done that [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

So..................
Fill me in [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-09-2006, 12:22 AM
Range Rover

bump

Quick Reply: 700r pipe shootout ........