Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

yamaha warranty

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 10:14 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yamaha warranty

After doing tons of reading on this forum and a couple of others I decided on and bought the 700 FI Grizzly. I'll be picking it up today. During the process the salesman said something about extending the factory warranty for another 2 years(4 total) for around $350. I told him I would think about it. He said I had six months to decide. What is everyones thoughts on this? I cant help but think this would be worth it. If the fuel injection dies or the new power steering fails it would more than pay for itself. I will be trail riding and mowing 5 acres pulling a swisher 60" pull behind mower. 4 years is a long time for something that gets a lot of use.

Old 10-11-2006, 12:35 PM
Trailblazer
Default yamaha warranty

if you can afford it go for it, i owned a kodiak for 2 yrs and never needed any work done that would have been covered under the warranty. Just make sure the mower you will be towing does not exceed the towing capacity of your bike, if it does it could void the warranty.

Old 10-11-2006, 10:54 PM
SJ
Trailblazer
Default yamaha warranty

I bought a 06, 700R inSept of 05 and I bought it. I had the money so I was able to do it.
I am covered tillMarch 16, 2010. I have a riding buddy and his sons 05, 350 busted a crank and luckily he had the warranty and they fixed it. If you have the money get it. Better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it. ****, that is why I have so much junk laying around my house I guess. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-12-2006, 03:39 AM
Trailblazer
Default yamaha warranty

Don't waste your money. I blew $600 on an extended warranty and when I needed it Yamaha told me to get lost. I broke BOTH outer tie rod ends within an hour or so of each other, and they said it was my fault, I must have wrecked or something. I argued with them for a couple days about it and actually caught the guys at Yamaha telling me lies a few times. They'd tell me on the phone it was up the the service tech at the dealer and they had no say in it. The guy at the dealer (who was actually pretty cool) told me that Yamaha told him not to fix it, it was my problem, and to let me complain about it they didn't care. Tie rod ends sometimes bend, occasionally one will break, but breaking two within hours is unheard of-but they still wouldn't admit there was a problem with them. Save your money......

Old 10-12-2006, 05:44 AM
Range Rover
Default yamaha warranty

i have had no problems with my dealer as far as warranty i have heard that some dealers are a little wild . with the deal that yamaha has now you cant beat . i just pick a 07 grizzly as well and pick up the warranty

Old 10-12-2006, 08:33 AM
Trailblazer
Default yamaha warranty

Yeah it's nice to have the warranty for engine issues but Yamaha's warranty sucks compared to other manufacturers. I know a guy who bought a new Arctic Cat last year. It came with a FULL 3 year warranty and when I say full I mean it. They cover everything on the quad. A stick went right through his CV Boot when he was using his quad to tear up a beaver dam. He took it in and told the dealer EXACTLY what happened and they said "no problem" and fixed it for him under warranty. AC also covers any accessories he buys for his quad during that three years as well, as long as he gets them from AC. That includes racks bags, winches, pretty much anything.

Now that's a warranty!! I am not a fan of Arctic Cat but if I was in the market for a new quad, that warranty would definitely cause me to consider getting one.

I tore a CV Boot on my Grizzly when it was under warranty and I asked two different dealers about it and they both said it was not covered. That didn't suprise me since a torn CV Boot is one of those things that just happens from time to time but when I heard that AC covered that under warranty even after the guy told them he tore it up while ripping down a beaver dam I was very impressed!!

Old 10-12-2006, 10:16 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default yamaha warranty

Thanks for the posts. I think I will go ahead and get it.

We picked up the grizz last night and put 2 hours on it. Its an amazing machine!

I couldnt get my wife off of it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-12-2006, 10:25 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default yamaha warranty

I would say that the dealer probably covered the boot for a good customer. Torn CV boots are not covered under warrenty unless something else went bad and caused boot to get torn. Cat does have a good warrenty and I have seen them give the customer quite a bit of leeway but I think they would baulk at a torn boot from a stick. Glad to here he was taken care of and hope he remembers what his dealer has done for him in the future.

Old 10-12-2006, 11:53 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default yamaha warranty

The warranty will not be worth the paper it's wrote on if the dealer says the problem is from abuse. Guess what.....ANYTHING going wrong can be considered abuse. If the shop decides it's not abuse your claim then goes to the regional claims manager and he decides on it. Read up on warranty work on these forums and you will come to the realization that it's a rip off. The prices fluxuate from dealer to dealer selling the same product as well....usually starting around $600 all the way to $1000+.
Gary

Old 10-12-2006, 06:23 PM
Range Rover
Default yamaha warranty

let me tell you a story about my old 2006 bruin, i hit a rock and the crank case broke, now my bruin was out of warranty i had it for over 6 months and they still covered a 600 dollar repair, the gears needed replacement, tierods, and they payed the expensve for my crankcase to be welded. not bad. i think the person above with the tierods was just tooled around with. but ive had good expeirience with yamaha. alot has to do with my dealer its a 5 start yamaha dealer

Quick Reply: yamaha warranty