Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Help! No Power to the Coil !

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 01:09 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! No Power to the Coil !

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Our son has a 2000 Bear Tracker 250. He pulled it in the yard out of the way
and got on it the next day and I dont know if it started once or not but now it wont start
at all! They pulled the plug out and it wasn't getting any spark! We went and got another
coil ! Still nothing! It cranks over. We took a light tester and tested the wire back that
comes off of the coil and it has no power going threw it. We checked it with the starter
button pushed and with out ! I can't pay $50.00 per hr for some one to tell me to what is
not really wrong with it !

Old 10-13-2006, 01:31 PM
Pro Rider

Alright well first thing is first you have the key turned on along with the killswitch and make sure when you are checking for spark that you take the plug and ground it to somethign or else it won't spark...If you still aren't getting spark I would check the fuses which I am guessing are under the seat somewhere and check the battery to make sure it has some juice...Check the terminals and make sure they are connected tightly and if there is any loose wiring such as ground wires on the frame or at the controls...If nothing still them if the coil isn't bad my guess would be that its the cdi box...Try pull starting it just for the heck of it and that should tell you if its the battery or not. If you have any other ?'s let me know and keep me updated.
Brett

Old 10-13-2006, 07:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

First Of all I want to say Thank You for your reply! Before I go on , My husband & his
mother made a agreement to take it to town & She is going to pay to find out what
is wrong with.Yes, we checked what I would call the kill switch, Fuse, Battery. I
fallowed the wire back from the coil and tested it with a test light and it had no
power going to it when pushing the start button or not. Now this shop says it
could be many things! Stater,cdi box,bad killswitch, bad key switch, bad switch
in the throtle, or even a bad neutral satey switch or anything eles! So now
we wait ! BUT Again I want to say ThankYou for your reply!

Old 10-13-2006, 08:49 PM
Pro Rider

Yes it can be those things and it could be a simple thing like a ground wire or something really stupid or a starter relay just keep me informed on what is going on and I will try and help you as much as possible and does it work if you try pull starting it because that could cross off alot off of that list of things if it does.

Old 10-13-2006, 09:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

We looked for loose wires and the guy at the shop looked it over real fast for that also
but that dont really mean anything. Would it be a starter relay if the starter is turning
over real good? Yes we did try to pull start and it wouldnt start that way either!
Anyway I will keep you updated dont think we will hear anything before Monday!
My son said That REALLY sucks! But thank you again! Talk to ya soon!Tlag

Old 10-13-2006, 09:27 PM
Pro Rider

I have a 2005 350 raptor and ive been down for 2-3 months i had the same problem no spark i finally got some spare money up and as i figured and someone suggested it was the pulser trigger 35 dollar part but ive only found one place that sells it everyone elses wants you to buy the whole stator 110-300$