Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

07 700R or 450

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 10:23 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 700R or 450

I'm 27, 5'11" and 185lbs. I use to own a shee for about 2-3 years but had to sell it due to new house. I never really jumped the shee anything serious, just small jumps, maybe 4 to 5' in height and 6 or 7 in distance... nothing spectacular. I mainly enjoyed hill climbing and FAST open trail riding. Live out in North Texas and mainly ride at Rocky Ridge Decatur or that place up by the Red River, can't remember name of it.

So I am looking at both of these quads wondering which one to get. They both look great spec wise. I do plan to mod whichever one I get, just basics, pipes/sil, airflow/airbox, rims/tires (rear only), nerfs and thats about it.

I would get another shee but I really don't feel like messing with premix, kick starting, and having to get off and turn it around if I have to. Thats one plus to the Raptor, reverse.

Just wanting to get other riders opinions on my size and riding style.

*EDIT* Oh wow, my old webpage is still there. Hasn't been updated since 2001 lol ! Just noticed it in my sig.

Old 10-28-2006, 10:49 AM
Range Rover
Default 07 700R or 450

If you ride mostly trails, I would go for the Rappy. It has a more trail friendly suspension, a little more lowend power, and fuel injection. And the reverse is nice also.

Old 10-28-2006, 10:55 AM
Pro Rider
Default 07 700R or 450

id go rappy. power about the same. rappy more rider friendly!! all you need is pipe, fuel programmer,air box mod and you'll be kicking out about 46-47 hp at the wheels. ive never liked the 660's , my buddy has a 660 (craycraft racing)- fast !! just dont like it. the new 700 is sick!!! (other buddy has 1) . if i was going to get another bike it would probably be the 700 (i like rev).

Old 10-29-2006, 11:01 AM
SJ
Trailblazer
Default 07 700R or 450

I would go with the 700R unless you are in to racing. There is no replacement for displacement. I looked at both and went with the 700R because I know I will never race. We are the same height and weight and the 700 has more then enough to haul you around Fast. As a bonus with the 700R you'll never have to ask about this Frequently Asked question.

Old 10-29-2006, 04:36 PM
Pro Rider
Default 07 700R or 450

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I will never be into racing, I just enjoy trail riding and the occasional jump when I get ballsy. Going to go test ride both in a few weeks when I am ready to purchase one.

Old 10-30-2006, 08:13 AM
Pro Rider
Default 07 700R or 450

Is 700R Special Edition worth the extra money? The only difference I see is; "Raptor 700R Special Edition rolls in with special graphics and colors, atop YFZ-style front shocks and a rear end with separate high- and low-speed compression damping adjustability."

Old 10-30-2006, 01:25 PM
SJ
Trailblazer
Default 07 700R or 450

I bought my 06 YZF front SHOCKS off E-Bay for $300.00. I would eventually like to also change the color of my plastic to the old Yamaha Yellow. Here is a link to where you can change them when they make more. Plastics Depending on your money situation I would get the best quad you can afford or the cheapest and modify it the way you want. I am currently working on my handling before I move to the engine components. Next high priced purchase for me will be a Steering Stabalizer. Good luck JIGA.

Old 10-30-2006, 01:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default 07 700R or 450

{I'm 27, 5'11" and 185lbs. I use to own a shee for about 2-3 years but had to sell it due to new house. I never really jumped the shee anything serious, just small jumps, maybe 4 to 5' in height and 6 or 7 in distance... nothing spectacular. I mainly enjoyed hill climbing and FAST open trail riding. Live out in North Texas and mainly ride at Rocky Ridge Decatur or that place up by the Red River, can't remember name of it.

So I am looking at both of these quads wondering which one to get. They both look great spec wise. I do plan to mod whichever one I get, just basics, pipes/sil, airflow/airbox, rims/tires (rear only), nerfs and thats about it.

I would get another shee but I really don't feel like messing with premix, kick starting, and having to get off and turn it around if I have to. Thats one plus to the Raptor, reverse.

Just wanting to get other riders opinions on my size and riding style}

We ride at them places too..been to tocky ridge once..did not care for it..we got to have some sand..so we got to bulcher down on the ride river...(red river motor cycle trails) So we can sand drag down on the river..Im also 28 and rasing a family..We just got back from a trip to little sahara..with a bunch of the forum members off here..when you get you a quad..send me a PM on here..we can meet up at Bulcher and do a little playing in the sand...Well when we get the 2 banshees back together in about a month..LOL..I blew mine up the last trip..and were putting a 4 mill cub in austinoneals...But anyway..

We have a rappy 700 and a yfz 450 in are groop..for the tipe of riding you going to be doing you need to go with the rappy 700..They yfz is more for the track..The 700 rappy really gets up when you at a pipe and map it..

Old 10-30-2006, 01:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default 07 700R or 450

Originally posted by: DriverDoyle

We ride at them places too..been to tocky ridge once..did not care for it..we got to have some sand..so we got to bulcher down on the ride river...(red river motor cycle trails) So we can sand drag down on the river..Im also 28 and rasing a family..We just got back from a trip to little sahara..with a bunch of the forum members off here..when you get you a quad..send me a PM on here..we can meet up at Bulcher and do a little playing in the sand...Well when we get the 2 banshees back together in about a month..LOL..I blew mine up the last trip..and were putting a 4 mill cub in austinoneals...But anyway..

We have a rappy 700 and a yfz 450 in are groop..for the tipe of riding you going to be doing you need to go with the rappy 700..They yfz is more for the track..The 700 rappy really gets up when you at a pipe and map it..
I went to bulcher a few times with my old Banshee and I know that sand area you are talking about by the river. It should be real nice and sandy since we had a few dry summers in a row. I think in the link in my sig to my old website I have a few pics from Bulcher in there.

I'm going to go ahead and get the base model 700R and get the GYTR skid plate/nerf bars/a-arm plates. Thats about all the mods I will do for now. In the future once I have it broke in and a good feel for the quad I was looking at the LTE dual exhaust w/airbox mod, looks pretty sweet setup!

Going to go purchase the quad November 11th.

Another question I do have. Back when I had my Banshee I was still pretty young and new credit, so I had a 19% ARP. Now that I have great credit established what kind of APR can I expect? Also, do you think it is possible to get the dealer to throw in some gear? I need all new gear since I have gained weight since 2001 lol, from 150 to 185

Looking forward to meeting ya Doyle.

Old 10-30-2006, 02:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 07 700R or 450

700R

Quick Reply: 07 700R or 450