Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Poor quality, cheap ass crap

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 05:04 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poor quality, cheap *** crap

what the hell are you supposed to do when teh bolt to tighten the chain on your raptor breaks off? what does it go to? can u drill it out and just put anothe rbolt in there? It should be easy enough to drill that bolt out considering all the other ones i've had to do that broke. Bolts shouldn't break.... and if they do you shouldn't be able to drill them out with any old drill bit laying around.........

Old 11-03-2006, 07:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

pic?

Old 11-03-2006, 07:03 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

the stock yamaha bolts are crap.. i've broken so many.. and whenver i get the opertunity.. i ususally replace them with stainless bolts

Old 11-03-2006, 07:45 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

I replaced all my carb screms with allen heads. No stripping those out.

You can try to locate a local screw/bolt distributor. They will have anything you could possibly want.

And you should be able to drill the bolt out, otherwise you'd be completely screwed (pun intended.)

I'm in the market for an upper axle carrier bolt for my Warrior. Stripped the head pretty good.

Just find something 1 or 2 grades higher in hardness.

Only problem with stainless is that although they are hard, they can be brittle and break.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 11-03-2006, 08:15 PM
Pro Rider

if you cant take off the bolt with an easy-out, this is what you have to do. take off the axle and take off the side covers in the swingarm. then you will see the bolts that are on top to adjust the chain. get some pressure pliers and try to rotate it counterclock wise so the bolt goes out and then just buy another one with the same measurements. then put everything back together. id replace the axle bearings (if you have more than 2 years of use) since youve already taken off the axle

Old 11-04-2006, 01:52 AM
Weekend Warrior

ok i was pretty pissed in that last post but i got the bolt out of there. we just took a punch and messed with it for about an hour and got it to move and another hour to get it far enough out to get vise grips on it. A guy there said it was a grade 8 bolt but i dunno if it was or not. it pretty much just pulled apart and didn't stretch. And also i figured out that those bolts just stop that bolt that goes thru the swingarm from pivoting anymore. i didn't know how that worked and now i do and should be able to stop further bs. i'm goin to the parts store tommorow to get some good bolts to replace them with. i'm just ready to ride with the tooth smaller front sprocket and see how much difference it makes...

Old 11-04-2006, 02:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

well i got my chain together real nice today and jumped on and now it seems my rev box is f'd up maybe? When i go down the road it just starts popping like a harley and won't go no matter how much gas you give it. you can hear it trying to run but it's like it just won't. when you jump up and down on the seat it will go for a few secs at a time. it's like something isn't connected good.

Old 11-04-2006, 02:49 PM
Pro Rider

does it just die and come back and so on? i had that problem, i took it to my mechanic and he said it was the rectifier, try changing that.

Old 11-04-2006, 03:54 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: thedreaded1
what the hell are you supposed to do when teh bolt to tighten the chain on your raptor breaks off? what does it go to? can u drill it out and just put anothe rbolt in there? It should be easy enough to drill that bolt out considering all the other ones i've had to do that broke. Bolts shouldn't break.... and if they do you shouldn't be able to drill them out with any old drill bit laying around.........

thats gotta suck

Old 11-04-2006, 04:30 PM
TDK
Weekend Warrior

Try your parking brake sensor. I had that problem once.

Quick Reply: Poor quality, cheap ass crap