Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Looking 4 an EXTREME clutch kit 4 Grizzly

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 06:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking 4 an EXTREME clutch kit 4 Grizzly

Not trying to start any crap here, but does anyone offer an extreme kit like mine? FITSofRAGE would like his clutch to respond like mine. Is anyone here familiar with a Heel Clicker kit. I have one on my Polaris and he would love to get his geared down that low. Grizzlys are very popular with the serious mudboggers, how are the serious ones geared? He has to get the RPM's up before he can do any good. Is there a kit that we are not finding? Or, is the Extreme kit from High Lifter an equivilant to the Heel Clicker? Thanks in advance!

Old 11-10-2006, 11:20 PM
Pro Rider
Hasn't given up on the 660 just yet...

http://www.highlifter.com/

Problem solved!

Old 11-11-2006, 08:10 AM
Pro Rider

I was hoping for more than a simple website. We know about highlifter.com. We want to know is that the best there is for Yammies? Is the Extreme Duty comparible to my Heel Clicker? So no, problem not solved. If anyone has an inteligent response, I would like to hear it. I don't need simple oneliners!

Old 11-12-2006, 02:36 PM
Pro Rider

BUMP

Come on, how are the serious Grizzly clutches setup? I don't think Highlifter can hold a candle to the Polaris/Heel Clicker technology! Does anyone here know about changing the gear ratio than? Something has to be able to be to be done for Yamaha to be able to do what I can do in a mudhole! Do all the BIG Yammies rely on excessive RPM's to get the tires spinning? I easily creep in the mudhole,even stop if I want to, and restart easily. My buddy has an excessive modded 660, he cant stop like I can, If he does, he is screwed! This thing has to be reved to the max for the same response as my barely off idle Polaris.

Old 11-12-2006, 06:03 PM
Pro Rider

you can do your searching on the site more dedicated towards grizzlies... www.grizzlyowners.com ask over there...

Old 11-12-2006, 07:24 PM
Pro Rider

Thank you, I thought that I would check here. Never knew of that website. You may have given us the first descent lead!

Old 11-12-2006, 07:34 PM
Range Rover

I have a grizzly 2 of them and it has a low range and high range and it has never been problem in low range. Why would anyone want to go lower then a low range. I have also seen other forms that have tons of info on 4x4 ATV Utah is one.

Old 11-12-2006, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the additional site to check on! FITSofRAGE wants his Grizz geared a little more like mine. I can creep through holes and feel my way through, while he has to hit the same holes reved up and ready to go. We have the same tires and size and the same amount of ground clearance. I really thought the Grizz would walk the dog compared to the big MV. I am dragging an addition 400 lbs. of quad and rider combined. This is not a bash thread or a Polaris guy trying to brag, He really wants the same performance that I have. I only know Polaris, so, I am no good to him except on here asking you guys! Thanks again for the site info!

Old 11-12-2006, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider

It sounds like he's not running in low... On my 660, I crawl into everything in low, and can bull my way out if I want... That's w/out any mod's apart from the bigger wheels.

Old 11-12-2006, 11:40 PM
Range Rover

Yep
I have the 28 ITP mud tires on the 660 and that thing is insane in low range but he never said what grizzly he has or anything about it 450 ??? 660 ??? 700 ??? who knows what year ???? Grizzlys gear in low range is going to twist a axle if you hang the tire up [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Looking 4 an EXTREME clutch kit 4 Grizzly