Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

i think i figured out why blaster smokes so much, now i need your help again (JETTING)

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 05:25 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default figured out why blaster smokes so much, now i need your help again (JETTING)

it took me a long time to figure out why this blaster smoked so much.
1. the premix is right
2. its not burning trans oil.

so i THINK the jetting is too big

right now it has a #230 jet

. So i need to figure out what size jet i need for it.
heres the details...

-its bored over about 7 times
-pro ciruit exaust
-k&n air filter
-premixed

what size jet would you recommend me? because the jet seems to be too big and it smokes ALOT. oil drips out of exhaust. HELP!!!!!

if you dont think its the jet gimme some other things to try.

Old 11-13-2006, 06:39 PM
Range Rover
Default i think i figured out why blaster smokes so much, now i need your help again (JETTING)

what do you think about a size 220?

Old 11-13-2006, 07:34 PM
Range Rover
Default i think i figured out why blaster smokes so much, now i need your help again (JETTING)

Old 11-13-2006, 07:53 PM
Range Rover

thanks, but how does tht help me? i just want to know if a size 220 jet would be too small, becasue im using a 230 right now and its very smokey

Old 11-13-2006, 08:01 PM
Range Rover

Old 11-13-2006, 09:51 PM
Range Rover

alright dude, first of all i never said you were stupid, and i appreciated your help. i didnt know what i was looking at so how was that gonna help without an explanation. you could give me a formula that could cure cancer, and it wouldnt be worth anything to me because i wouldnt know what i was looking at.

Old 11-14-2006, 01:39 PM
Pro Rider

well the blaster is a 2 smoke so it is supposed to smoke ...and you mean your cylinder was bored 7 over correct not over 7 times because something was messed up...if the bike seems to be runnign fine with no backfiring out of the carb or pipe and doesn't stall or anything I would think it is fine...do you have the right size rings for the bore because if not too much could be getting past the rings and be burning up causing the bike to smoke more then its supposed to...gap the piston rings by putting them into the cyclinder and take a vernier caliper and measuer the bore and the piston size to make sure your are right on your measurements...vulcan man are you stupid hahah lmao
byt the way nice quads vulcan how is the new rappy I have yet to ride one

thats is what vulcan 700 put
137-14143-46-00 .JET, MAIN (#230) (U49)

Old 11-14-2006, 02:28 PM
Range Rover

bombrider04
She is running great I like the a-arms the most as it lowered the front and it acts more like my 450 but the ride is sweet. I think that yamahs got it right this time [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] best trail bike I have ever rode with a real soft seat for my old bones.
Good point about the ring size and gap I never though about that could be why many heads are better then one.

Old 11-14-2006, 09:15 PM
Pro Rider

Blaster have a 230 main jet from the factory. If you are running a aftermarket pipe and airfilter, you should be running a larger main than a 230. One thing you might check is the float height on the carb. Also you may check the float valve and seat for wear. These could allow excess fuel in the bowl and a rich condition. Have you took the plug out and seen out it was actually running, and you've never said how much it is actually smoking. Alot of people thing two strokes smoke too much.
Vulcan why did you give a newbie all that useless info. He said he had a 230 main.He also said he had a aftermarket pipe and airfilter, so the specs you gave for a stock blaster is useless.

Old 11-14-2006, 09:56 PM
Range Rover

well, i can see smoke from the quad about 60 yards away. i dunno if that helps but yeah. whats the normal amount of smoke? i dont know if that can be answered in words haha so idk

Quick Reply: i think i figured out why blaster smokes so much, now i need your help again (JETTING)